A battery-powered cordless drill is an essential tool for any construction worker, contractor, or do-it-yourself expert. Our list of the best battery cordless drills will provide you with some of the top items available.
We focus our main battery cordless drill criteria on the item’s overall power, performance ratings, useful features, user opinions, and affordability.
- Best Battery Cordless Drills (Updated List)
- 9. TECCPO Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver Set
- 8. BLACK+DECKER LDX220C Cordless Drill
- 7. Metabo 18V LT Quick Drill/Driver
- 6. Ryobi P208 Battery Cordless Drill
- 5. Bosch Battery Cordless Drill Driver
- 4. BLACK + DECKER LDX120PK Cordless Drill
- 3. PORTER-CABLE PCC601LB 20V Max Cordless Drill
- 2. Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 3/8 Drill Driver Kit
- 1. Makita XPH10Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill
- Final thoughts on the best battery cordless drills
Best Battery Cordless Drills (Updated List)
Our best battery cordless drills guide for 2020 will list the specifications for each item and what we liked about them.
We’ll also offer some thoughts on possible downsides, as well as a verdict of why we consider a specific model to be one of the best battery cordless drills that you can purchase right now. However, before we get into our list, here are the top three products that have caught our attention because of their specifications, reliability, and ease of use:
9. TECCPO Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver Set
Power: 240 In-lbs torqueMax RPMs: 1350Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Inexpensive
One of the most inexpensive yet powerful battery cordless drills, the TECCPO Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver Set comes with two speed settings and several goodies inside the package.
You get two large capacity quick-charge batteries that can also act as power banks for your other gadgets. The TECCPO Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver Set’ 20+1 torque settings give you much needed control over all your lightweight drillings projects.
The soft rubberized handle provides you with a comfortable grip and less fatigue for most everyday tasks. Furthermore, the drill is capable of drilling into wood, metal, plastic, and all screw driving jobs.
- The price is incredible for what you get.
- Soft rubberized handle provides extra grip.
- LED light for working in tight and dark spaces.
- Even the batteries also sport a flashlight function.
- You get two fast-charging batteries that can also act as power banks.
- 20+1 position clutch offers precise control over your projects.
- It needs a better handbook on how to attach and use the bits and drivers.
- Might not be as durable long-term as other drills.
- It’s a relatively new product, so not many people have had the chance to test it for long periods of time.
The TECCPO Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver Set offers outstanding value for such a low price.
While it might not be from a renowned brand, this drill shows a lot of promise and has some features that we haven’t seen elsewhere, such as batteries with integrates flashlights that can also act as power banks. If it stands the test of time, you might even consider it one of the best drill driver combos out there.
8. BLACK+DECKER LDX220C Cordless Drill
Power: 310 torqueMax RPMs: 1500Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Average
The BLACK+DECKER LDX220C cordless drill is a powerful tool that can hold a charge up to 18 months.
It comes with a LED light, which is a neat little feature that will help you drill even in low light conditions.
The tool also has an 11 position clutch and 2-speed settings for added versatility. On top of that, the BLACK+DECKER LDX220C cordless drill can be paired with several extras straight from the store page.
- For such a compact tool, this is one powerful drill.
- Compatible with other 20V batteries from BLACK+DECKER.
- Lightweight at only 3.5 pounds.
- The 2-year warranty is more than welcome considering the fair pricing.
- It tends to overheat and stop working under harsh conditions.
- The model supports fast-charging but doesn’t come with a fast charger.
Despite its relatively low torque, the BLACK+DECKER LDX220C cordless drill still holds up quite well when you consider the price.
And the fact that it can be paired with any 20V battery and chargers from the same company adds even more value since you no longer have to buy extras if you already own tools from this brand.
7. Metabo 18V LT Quick Drill/Driver
Power: 531 torqueMax RPMs: 1650Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Average
Metabo brings you a battery cordless drill with a staggering amount of power for tough jobs.
The Metabo 18V LT Quick Drill/Driver is a versatile tool thanks to its compact design that allows you to use it in tight spaces.
A battery gauge warns you when you need to recharge the Metabo 18V LT Quick Drill/Driver, and the overload protection guarantees that you will never have to worry about power surges breaking the battery or the drill.
- A built-in fan in the charger helps keep the battery cool.
- The exceptionally high torque makes the drill ideal for any task.
- LED indicators show how much battery you have left.
- Metabo’s Ultra-M compact 2.0Ah battery pack has more runtime and power than other compact batteries.
- This drill is priced a bit higher than some other models.
- Some users report that bits can fall out with ease.
The Metabo 18V LT Quick Drill/Driver has garnered a lot of praise for how much it can achieve for such a compact and lightweight format.
Its ergonomic design, durable housing, and the three-year warranty all make this one of the best battery cordless drills that you can purchase today.
6. Ryobi P208 Battery Cordless Drill
Power: 350 torqueMax RPMs: 1600Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Inexpensive
Coming with a keyless chuck and a reliable two-speed gearbox, the Ryobi P208 Battery Cordless Drill stands out for its low weight and price.
We like that its variable controls and versatile clutch settings make it the ideal choice for a range of small and large projects.
Also, the Ryobi P208 Battery Cordless Drill comes with a magnetic tray where you can store extra bits, which makes it even easier to change between them when paired with the sturdy keyless chuck.
- The low price brings incredible value to this drill.
- It offers all the torque and power you need to get big jobs done.
- Many users appreciate that it is easy to operate and has LED lights for working in dim conditions.
- The rubberized overgrip gives you extra control and comfort over any tackled project.
- The handle may be a bit small for some users.
- It takes some time for the battery to get fully charged.
All in all, the Ryobi P208 Battery Cordless Drill brings immense value to any handyman’s kit.
It may not be ideal for masonry or hard metal, but it is still capable of doing many other heavy-duty tasks, especially when paired with a set of the best drill bits on the market.
5. Bosch Battery Cordless Drill Driver
Power: 350 torqueMax RPMs: 1300Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Inexpensive
A trigger with variable speeds and multiple gear settings to adjust the RPMs make the Bosch Battery Cordless Drill Driver a great choice for precision work.
You can change the drill’s speed settings with ease to move from one project to the next as necessary. With its included LED light, you’ll have no trouble drilling even in dark and tight spaces.
The amount of torque that the Bosch Battery Cordless Drill Driver offers means it can drill through wood, metal, or plastic without much trouble. Its ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use. And the fact that it’s so lightweight makes this battery cordless drill ideal for overhead drilling.
- It has a fairly high torque capacity for such a small, lightweight drill.
- Many users report that it is easy to use and that the battery lasts a long time.
- Includes an LED light that’s perfect for dark and tight spaces.
- Comes with a decent carrying bag for added portability.
- The battery charges slowly.
- Some users believe that the torque settings for screws seem uneven.
The Bosch Battery Cordless Drill Driver is good for a multitude of everyday tasks, especially overhead drilling since it is so lightweight.
This drill is compatible with other 18-volt Bosch power tool batteries as well, making it easy to swap out for other batteries in case it runs out of juice during the job.
4. BLACK + DECKER LDX120PK Cordless Drill
Power: 155 torqueMax RPMs: 650Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Affordable
This might be our pick for the best cordless drill on a budget, as the BLACK + DECKER LDX120PK Cordless Drill comes with numerous other tools.
You can think of it as your own starter kit for household construction projects. Even if you don’t plan on using the extra tools, it’s still good knowing you have a backup.
And on top of that, the BLACK + DECKER LDX120PK Cordless Drill should have enough power to get you through any average residential jobs. The drill is excellent for hanging pictures on walls, assembling furniture, updating fixtures, and building birdhouses among other things.
- The compact and lightweight design makes this drill easy to handle even for beginners.
- We like that the kit comes with over 60 extra hand tools.
- Extremely low price considering all the quality items that you get.
- You can choose to add even more extras to the already massive kit.
- It’s not the most robust drill out there.
- The drill is somewhat lacking in speed.
The BLACK + DECKER LDX120PK Cordless Drill’s 11 position clutch prevents stripping and overdriving screws.
Its combination of speed and torque settings provide enough power for many household projects.
And when you combine all of this with the fact that it comes with over 60 other tools at a price below $100, it’s hard not to see the immense value that this kit brings to the table. The only thing that would make this kit even more valuable would be the inclusion of a dust mask for drilling protection.
3. PORTER-CABLE PCC601LB 20V Max Cordless Drill
Power: 1450 torqueMax RPMs: 2800Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Relatively affordable
If you need a battery cordless drill with enough power to tackle the toughest tasks, the PORTER-CABLE PCC601LB 20V Max Cordless Drill might be the one for you.
You can bring it up to 1450 inches per pound of top torque. Many users report that the handle makes the drill comfortable to use even for long periods.
Furthermore, the PORTER-CABLE PCC601LB 20V Max Cordless Drill has a 1/2″ keyless chucks that makes changing bits easy even for beginners. And with a 3-year limited warranty, you’ll be able to use it long enough for your investment to be worth it without spending extra cash on repairs.
- The sheer power of the drill is the first thing worth noting.
- It features durable construction that makes it highly resistant.
- The drill’s battery life is excellent.
- Its average battery life is around 24 hours of continuous use.
- The trigger can sometimes get stuck and prevent the motor from stopping.
- No storage bag included.
The PORTER-CABLE PCC601LB 20V Max Cordless Drill brings high torque to the table and an excellent two-speed gearbox.
It’s powerful enough to use even with the best drill bits for porcelain tile, and it comes at an affordable price even if it lacks a storage bag. And on top of all this, it’s an excellent battery cordless drill because it also has a keyless chuck.
2. Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 3/8 Drill Driver Kit
Power: 275 torqueMax RPMs: 1500Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Relatively affordable
If you want a tool that can handle light to moderate tasks with relative ease, then you should take a look at the Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 3/8 Drill Driver Kit.
It has a dual-speed transmission that you can change depending on the work you are doing. The Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 3/8 Drill Driver Kit can deliver up to 275 inch-pounds of torque, and it has a maximum speed of 1500.
A convenient clutch allows you to adjust the power of this drill to suit your needs. And this model has been on the market for many years now, which has given many users the opportunity to test it out for long and prove itself as one of the best battery cordless drills that you can usually buy for less than $150.
- Many users should appreciate that the design of this item is both lightweight and compact.
- We like that you can charge the battery in as little as 30 minutes.
- The controls on the device offer you a lot of precision.
- Its dual-speed transmission offers excellent control over light and medium jobs, respectively.
- The carrying case could be more streamlined.
- Although the battery charges quickly, it doesn’t hold its charge for long.
The Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 3/8 Drill Driver Kit is an excellent option for anyone who’s looking for the best battery cordless drills for light to moderate tasks.
Despite its lacking battery, the overall features are worth it for the price. And in case the speed at which the battery drains bothers you that much, you can search for the best rechargeable batteries for power tools to replace its default one or have an extra set at the ready when it discharges.
1. Makita XPH10Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill
Power: 480 torqueMax RPMs: 1900Motor Type: Brushed DCAffordability: Relatively inexpensive
The overall construction of the Makita XPH10Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill helps protect it from dust and moisture.
This design makes it a great choice for job sites in the field where you may not be able to clean your tools immediately. Its 4-pole motor delivers 480 inch-pounds of torque, and it has a maximum RPM of 1900.
The Makita XPH10Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill is also lightweight and easy to use. This is further enhanced by its ergonomic design, which is at only 7-3/4″ long.
- Many users appreciate how easy it is to maintain and operate this powerful drill.
- It is compact despite its rugged outer shell.
- The battery charges quickly and holds that charge for a long time.
- It has a high speed and powerful torque.
- This drill is a bit pricier than some other options out there.
- It could use a holder for the drill bits as well.
If you’re looking for the best battery cordless drills that combine compact size with power and ruggedness, the Makita XPH10Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill should definitely be on your list of buying options.
It has two variable speed settings (0-600 & 0-1,900 RPM) that make it versatile enough to cover a wide range of lightweight and heavy-duty projects with ease. On top of that, it weighs below 4 pounds, which allows you to use it for longer without getting fatigued as easily.
Final thoughts on the best battery cordless drills
Our list of the best battery cordless drills brings you something from several top brands in the industry.
Whether you need a drill for light work or something that can handle the heavy tasks, there is one here for you. You can review our list of the best battery cordless drills and take notes on which features you like the most. This will make your choice much more straightforward.