Corded drills are indispensable tools that are functionally versatile. You can use them while working with metal, concrete, plastic, and wood of different types. With a corded drill, you get a heavy-duty power machine with high-power motor and longer shelf life.
Corded drills are also light and less bulky making them ideal for use in those tight spaces around your home or construction site.
Before settling on any drill, always consider its variable speed, voltage and price-range as well your boring or drilling needs. The review will help you get the best corded drill for home and professional use
Corded Drills – 12 Product Reviews
12. DEWALT DWD215G
Size: 10.3 x 11.9 x 3.3 inchesSpeed: 0-1,200 RPMVoltage: UnspecifiedWarranty: Three-year limited warranty, one-year free service, 90-day money-back guaranteeCapable of generating up to 1200 RMPs, DeWalt DWD215G boasts of a robust 10-Amp motor that allows the drill to perform heavy-duty drilling tasks. One of the best corded drills for home use, the drill comes with two handles for greater control and precision during drilling.
- The ½ inch chuck is very flexible and can take in drill bits of different shapes and sizes for the ultimate professional and home drilling experience.
- Each of the two handles is padded with soft rubber for improved handling and comfort.
- At 3.08 pounds, this is one of the best lightweight corded drills in the market.
- The over $135 price tag and the limited operational effectiveness during heavy-duty tasks are the major drawbacks of this drill.
This drill’s robust motor allows it to perform even some heavy-duty tasks without much hassle. The handling and comfort are top of the line, and it’s one of the lightest corded drills on the market.
11. Genesis GSHD1290
Size: 13 x 4.1 x 10.6 inchesSpeed: 850 RPMVoltage: 120 VoltsWarranty: 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty with US-Based Customer SupportGenesis GSHD1290 is one of the best corded hammer drills currently available in the market due to its relatively low price, unique three handles, and performance capabilities. When drilling at home or construction site, you need a drill that offers flexible handling options.
With Genesis GSHD1290, you have a drill with spade, side, and auxiliary side handles for ease of use. These handles allow you to apply pressure during drilling without strain because they are soft and easy to grip.
- The keyed chuck is adjustable and can accommodate different drill bits.
- The 9.0 amp generates enough reversible speed that allows the 8.8-pound drill to execute multiple, heavy-duty functions such as drilling and mortar mixing.
- For just under $60, you get one of the best ½ inch corded drills for both home and professional use.
- The numerous handles make this drill cumbersome.
With soft, easy to grip handles, and a fantastic price, this drill is definitely a good bargain. The flexibility that it provides during construction jobs is fantastic, and the 9-amp motor does a phenomenal job even when pushed to its limits.
10. DEWALT DWD210G
Size: 10.2 x 13.1 x 3.2 inchesSpeed: 0-1250 RPMVoltage: UnspecifiedWarranty: 3 Year Limited Warranty; 90 Day Money Back GuaranteeDeWalt DWD210G is a pistol-grip corded drill with a 10-Amp motor and weighs 6.9 pounds. The reversible 1250 RPMs variable speed makes it ideal for light to medium range drilling duties around the house, or on site by professionals.
One of the best corded drills on the market today, this drill is fitted with a ½ inch chuck grip that is compatible with different drill bits. This compatibility and speed combine to give DeWalt DWD210G functional flexibility as it can be used with wood, steel, and concrete during masonry.
- All you need is to regulate the gauge of drilling depending on the material and the drill bit.
- The use of hardened steel on the housing and functional parts ensures its durability.
- Both the pistol-grip and side handles ensure safety and precision during drilling.
- While the price tag of just under $40 is pretty low for such a powerful drill, it points to its functional limitations, especially for heavy duty tasks.
This pistol-grip corded drill is ideal for light to medium-duty jobs. It can be used for wood, steel, and concrete during masonry.
Want to go cordless? These are your best options: 12 Best Cordless Hammer Drill Tools
9. Meterk Hammer Drill
No products found.
Size: 14.2 x 10.2 x 3.9 inchesSpeed: 3000 RPMVoltage: 120 VoltsWarranty: 24 Months WarrantySuitable for woodwork, masonry, and steel drilling, Meterk Hammer Drill is one of best comes with a non-slip auxiliary handle capable of 360 degrees rotation during operation. The primary handle is designed for comfort and efficiency.
The inclusion of soft rubber and double-finger switch functionality gives users a padded area to comfortably apply pressure without strain. The 7.0 amp motor is capable of generating a reversible 3000 RPM power, which is suitable for heavy-duty drilling and driving tasks.
- Operational flexibility is achieved by the dual functionality mode that allows users to smoothly switch from drilling to hammering.
- For greater drilling or hammering effect, users can also regulate the speed of the motor.
- The corded drill currently retails at just under $40, making it one of the cheapest dual-mode drills in the market.
- The drill is not ideal for small spaces due to its bulkiness.
Made for heavy-duty drilling and tasks, this corded drill features soft rubber and double-finger switch functionality that will make working in any environment an easy task.
8. DEWALT DWD525K
Size: 14.4 x 16.1 x 13.5 inchesSpeed: 0-1,200 and 0-3,500 RPMVoltage: 120 VoltsWarranty: 1-year free service, 90 days money-back guaranteeDeWalt DWD525K is easily one of the best 1 2 inch corded drills in the market today based on its user-friendly features and durability. The hammer has a 10-Amp motor capable of generating up to a maximum of 3500 RPMs.
For heavy-duty torque drilling, the user can switch to the high-performance speed range of 0-3500 RPM. However, lighter drilling chores such as driving screws through wood during a DIY project are better executed by the low torque speed range of 0-1200 RPMs.
- The drill has a dual-speed range that caters to your professional and home drilling needs.
- DeWalt DWD525K has an extra middle-handle grip made from anti-slip material for added pressure application.
- For just under $155, you get a dual-purpose drill with excellent hammering power.
- The drill is cumbersome when it comes to drilling in tight spaces.
This drill’s dual speed range is perfect if you need to switch between regular home drilling and heavy-duty drilling. The extra middle grip and anti-slip material make it easy to hold no matter what task you’re performing.
7. Masterworks Hammer Drill
Size: 11.7 x 9.8 x 3.4 inchesSpeed: 0-3000 RPMVoltage: 120 VoltsWarranty: Contact the seller directly for warranty informationCapable of variable speed of up to 3000 RPMs, Masterworks Hammer Drill is a heavy-duty corded drill that comes with a 7-amp motor. It comes complete with a two-position auxiliary handle capable of 360 degrees rotation.
The lock button allows for a controlled drilling gauge. For the perfect result while using this drill, always set the gauge at ½ inch when working with bricks, concrete, and steel and at 1 inch for woodwork.
- The auxiliary handle adds operational versatility and extra pressure point during drilling.
- The hammer drill has an adjustable chuck for convenient fitting and tightening the drill bits.
- For just over $35, you get a dual purpose drill that also doubles up as a hammer.
- Despite the comfortable handle and light weight, the drill is less compact and difficult to use in confined spaces.
Highly versatile and capable, this drill features and adjustable chuck for your bits, a two-position auxiliary handle, and a 7-amp motor that’s more than capable for working around your household.
Speaking of hammer drills, you might also like this: 12 Best Hammer Drills
6. DEWALT DW235G
Size: 10.2 x 12.2 x 3.2 inchesSpeed: 0-850 RPMVoltage: 110/120 VoltsWarranty: Three-year limited warranty, one-year free service, 90-day money-back guaranteeDeWalt DW235G is a two-position auxiliary handle corded drill that comes with a 7.8 Amp motor capable of reversible variable speed of up to 850 RPMs. From auger to spade and ½-inch twist bits, the drill is compatible with a range of drill bits that makes it a staple of many professional, hobbyist, and DIY home improvement toolboxes.
The drill bit compatibility and high performing motor make this drill suitable for woodwork, metalwork, and drilling or boring through concrete. The auxiliary handle has a 360 degrees handling angle for greater maneuverability in confined spaces.
- It also allows for greater comfort, reduced strain and fatigue on hands, and better pressure application angle.
- The ergonomic primary handle is made of rubber for comfort and better gripping while working.
- For slightly over $90, you get a very durable and versatile corded drill.
- The drill’s performance is limited by the relatively lower variable speed capacity.
Despite its relatively low speed, this drill is a good purchase for its price range. It’s good for hobbyists, home improvement, and even for professionals who have to work on light-duty stuff.
5. DEWALT DW130V
Size: 10.9 x 13.1 x 4.9 inchesSpeed: 550 RPMVoltage: 120 VoltsWarranty: 90-day money back, 1-year free service contract, 3-year limited warrantyDeWalt DW130V is designed for the ultimate drilling and mixing experience. The drill has a soft grip ergonomic spade handle that gives users excellent mixing and drilling results. With a variable speed of up to 550 RPMs generated by a 9 Amp motor, you get smooth and precise drilling results. It is the best corded drill for lightweight use.
- The relatively slower and reversible speed comes in handy during those paint and mud mixing jobs that require close control to remove air bubbles.
- The light weight allows homeowners and professionals to accomplish tasks without feeling strained or fatigued.
- The user-friendly features and functional versatility of DeWalt DW130V are top-notch.
- While this drill supports multiple drill bits, it is only ideal for drilling tasks that require downward pressure.
If smooth and precise drilling holes are what you’re looking for, then this is one of your best options. For lightweight projects, this drill’s 9-amp motor is highly capable of doing more than what you might even need.
4. Black+Decker BDEDMT
Size: 10.5 x 3 x 10.9 inchesSpeed: 2,500 RPMVoltage: 110 VoltsWarranty: 2-year limited warrantyIf you are looking for a pocket-friendly corded drill for professional and home use with user-friendly features then Black+Decker BDEDMT is a perfect match for you. This drill was specifically designed with a compact body, motor, and torque for greater flexibility during operations in narrow spaces.
The 4.0 Amp motor can generate a variable speed of up to 2,500 RPMS. The ergonomic handle is made of rubber for ease of grip and safety during operation.
- One of the defining features of Black+Decker BDEDMT is its Matrix Quick Connect System.
- The system allows you to connect and operate different tools to the drill with ease.
- At just under $30, you get a 3.31-pound drill that appeals to your professional and hobby sides.
- One downside associated with this drill is imprecise drilling due to vibrations.
This pocket-friendly drill comes with an ergonomic rubber grip handle that assures comfort as you’re working. The compact design is specifically made with light-weight duty in mind.
You might also be interested in: Best Drill Impact Driver Combos
3. Porter-Cable PC600D
Size: 10.9 x 3.2 x 10.9 inchesSpeed: 0-2,500 RPMVoltage: UnspecifiedWarranty: 3 year limited; 1 year free service; 90 DayMoney Back GuaranteeRetailing at just over $30, Porter-Cable PC600D is a low-budget corded drill that packs great power despite its small body and low weight. The drill comes with a ⅜-inch keyless chuck that allows you to use multiple bits, suitable for different materials. The 2500 RPM variable speed generated by the 6.5-Amp motor theoretically allows you to use the drill for heavy duty drilling tasks.
- The drill is made of metal, which prolongs its lifespan.
- At 4 pounds, Porter-Cable PC600D is one of the lightest within the corded drill product market.
- This light weight translates to excellent maneuverability and less strain while driving or drilling.
- Despite its potential high performance capability, Porter-Cable PC600D is not suitable for heavy-duty drilling tasks.
- For greater mobility, you’ll need to purchase a longer electric cord or extension cable.
When it comes down to it, this drill does a good job for light-duty tasks. Despite its short cord, the price more than makes up for it, and the motor does a good job overall.
2. DEWALT DWD112
Size: 9.6 x 10.8 x 3 inchesSpeed: 0-2,500 RPMVoltage: 120 VoltsWarranty: Limited three-year warranty, 90-day money-back guarantee, and one-year free service contractSuitable for heavy-duty drilling tasks, DeWalt DWD112 comes with an 8.0 amperes motor. The 2,500 RPM variable speed gives you sufficient operational flexibility, making it a favorite in the toolboxes of professionals, amateurs, and hobbyists. The pistol-grip handle is made of soft rubber for comfort and safety. DeWalt DWD112 supports multiple drill bits due to its ⅜-inch keyless chuck.
- At 4.1 pounds, the corded drill is lightweight and does not strain your hands during drilling work.
- Highly flexible and maneuverable, the drill is highly durable due to that ball-bearing used to construct it.
- For just under $60, you get a high performance drill with a good surface with enhanced safety and comfort.
- You’ll have to purchase an extension cable for greater mobility due to the short electric cord.
This high-performance drill is lightweight and small enough to carry around easily. Despite its size, it still does a good job for pros, hobbyists, and DIYers as well. The pistol grip and rubber make this already comfortable-to-maneuver drill even more comfortable.
1. Hitachi D10VH
Size: 13.6 x 4.6 x 14.6 inchesSpeed: 2,500 RPMVoltage: 110 VoltsWarranty: 30 day money back guarantee and 1 year warrantyWeighing 3.1 pounds, Hitachi D10VH is a lightweight yet powerful drill. The 2,500 RPM variable speed belies its relatively small 6 amperes motor. Due to its lightweight and compact design, the drill is highly maneuverable and can be used safely in tight spaces and corners.
The corded drill has a maximum torque range of up to 133 pounds, allowing you to efficiently accomplish light to heavy-duty drilling tasks involving concrete, metal, and wood.
- For just over $70, you get a powerful, keyless chuck tool that you can comfortably and safely use.
- The drill comes with a comfy, rubber handle that allows for a firm grip during drilling.
- Despite its high speed and torque power, this reversible drill achieves the best boring results when you use it on soft materials.
- However, Hitachi D10VH comes with a short electric cord that can be inconveniencing.
Lightweight yet powerful, this drill is powered by a 6-amp motor with a torque range of up to 133 pounds. The compact design allows you to use it in tight spaces very easily. The keyless chuck tool adds even more value to this bargain package.
Corded drills offer greater performance due to their powerful motors. However, selecting the best corded drill depends on your needs, pricing, functionality, and variable speed.
For heavy-duty drilling at home or on site, always go for corded drills with high variable speeds and powerful motors. Drills for home use should however be lightweight and maneuverable.