The best cordless hammer drill requires strength and a long-lasting battery. Finding the right hammer drill will take time and research. Firstly, do your homework and make sure you will be getting the most out of the drill you buy.
- What is the best cordless hammer drill you can buy?
- Best Cordless Hammer Drill Reviews
- 12. Ridgid R86116 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Compact Hammer Drill
- 11. Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 FUEL 1/2 inch Hammer Drill
- 10. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Hammer Drill
- 9. Milwaukee 2607-20 1/2” 1,800 RPM 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact Hammer Drill
- 8. DEWALT 20V MAX SDS Rotary Hammer Drill Kit
- 7. DEWALT 20V MAX Hammer Drill
- 6. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Hammer Drill Kit
- 5. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Matrix Cordless Drill/Driver
- 4. Bosch PS32-02 Cordless Drill Driver
- 3. Metabo HPT DV18DBFL2T 18V Cordless Brushless Hammer Drill
- 2. CACOOP Cordless Hammer Drill Driver Set
- 1. Cordless Drill Driver Kit
- Frequently asked questions
- Final Thoughts On Cordless Hammer Drills
What is the best cordless hammer drill you can buy?
Finding the right hammer drill can make your projects come out right and save you a lot of money. If you have a hammer drill that works well for your needs or a particular product that works best for you, please let us know.
Best Cordless Hammer Drill Reviews
12. Ridgid R86116 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Compact Hammer Drill
Weight: 3.9 PoundsBatery Power: Lithium-IonVoltage: 18 VoltsTorque: Not specified by manufacturer – users say it’s good enough for heavy dutyWarranty: Lifetime service agreement with Ridgid
The Ridgid R86116 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Compact Hammer Drill comes with an adjustable clutch that you can adjust to over one hundred positions. Its clutch also allows you to adjust to the amount of torque you need for your work. The drill is ergonomic in design, so you can use it for hours without feeling hand fatigue.
Reviews for the Ridgid Hammer Drill are favorable for the amount of power it has to use on multiple projects. The buyers also love the extra ergonomic handle to help you hold onto the drill while you put extra torque on it and consider it the best cordless hammer drill on the market.
- The drill is very lightweight for the amount of torque it produces.
- You can select three different speeds for your drilling needs.
- The drill has a lot of power behind the torque.
- Drill motor can wear out quickly with frequent use.
- Trigger can jam in the on position.
Due to its ergonomic design and adjustable clutch, you can get all sorts of work done with this drill. Because it’s so lightweight, you can use it for hours on end without feeling fatigued. The extra ergonomic handle lets you put as much torque as possible, so you will be able to finish most jobs successfully in time.
11. Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 FUEL 1/2 inch Hammer Drill
Weight: 3.2 PoundsBatery Power: Lithium-IonVoltage: 18 VoltsTorque: 1200 PoundsWarranty: 5 years
The Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 FUEL 1/2 inch Hammer Drill has a brushless motor that pushes up to sixty percent more power through the drill then older drill models. Its design comes with Redlink Plus Intelligence safety features that ensure the drill will work at its best while reducing the likelihood of the battery overloading or damaging the drill.
The Milwaukee drill reviews are very favorable for how strong the drill is and the multi-functionality of the drill. There are complaints that it starts to heat up while in use and stays hot for quite some time.
- You can drill up to two hundred forty holes on a single battery charge.
- The drill and battery are a lot lighter than older versions of the drill.
- The Milwaukee Hammer drill has added safety features to prevent the drill from overheating.
- The battery pack and drill can become extremely hot.
- The drill can hold onto bits and not let go.
This brushless motor drill is packed with smart safety features, so it’s great for beginners as well as professionals. And it’s so versatile that it can most probably handle any type of project you put it up against.
Looking for a great deal?: Best Drill Driver Combos of 2020
10. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Hammer Drill
Weight: 3.26 PoundsBatery Power: 2 Lithium-Ion BatteriesVoltage: 20 VoltsTorque: 1450 PoundsWarranty: 3-year limited warranty
The PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Hammer Drill is a high-performance drill capable of delivering twenty-seven thousand two hundred BPMs of power. It comes with two different speeds for hammering and twenty-three clutch settings.
Reviews for the Porter-cable hammer drill are favorable for the durability of the drill. Many buyers expressed appreciation for the extra accessories that you can use with the drill to make it a multi-functional drill.
- The power behind the drill means you can drill holes in a minute or less.
- The Porter-cable drill has a lot of accessories to expand the use of the drill.
- You can hammer through almost everything, including concrete.
- The drill does not come with multiple replacement batteries.
- Sometimes the trigger can stick, so the drill will continue running.
The PORTER CABLE 20V Max Offers incredible power for such a compact design. When several users claim that they could hammer even through concrete, you know you’re dealing with a lot of power under the hood. Impressive would be an understatement.
9. Milwaukee 2607-20 1/2” 1,800 RPM 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact Hammer Drill
No products found.
Weight: 3.5 PoundsBatery Power: Lithium-Ion BatteryVoltage: 18 VoltsTorque: 500 PoundsWarranty: 5-year limited warranty
The Milwaukee Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill is an intense drill with three drilling modes for the drive, drilling, and hammering. Your new drill will come with a protective case as well as a built-in LED light underneath the keyless chuck so you can see what you do in the dark.
The Milwaukee drill reviews indicate a keen appreciation of the lithium-ion batteries that come with the dill. There are multiple functions for the builder to use when selecting bits and doing quality work.
- The hammer drill weighs only a little over 3.5 pounds.
- You can have five hundred pounds of torque for every project.
- The Milwaukee drill has a peak torque of five hundred pounds.
- The chuck can become lose and not tighten around the bit.
- The drill’s clutch can start to slip after years of use.
The drill works well enough for most projects. Its LED light makes it a good choice for people who have to work in the dark. You can tackle softwoods, hardwoods and even some metals with the help of its three drilling modes and 18-position clutch.
8. DEWALT 20V MAX SDS Rotary Hammer Drill Kit
Weight: 11.68 PoundsBatery Power: 2 Lithium-Ion BatteriesVoltage: 20 VoltsTorque: 155 PoundsWarranty: 3-year limited warranty
The DEWALT 20V MAX SDS Rotary Hammer Drill Kit has a brushless motor for extended runtimes and durability. The hammer drill comes with vibration control, which makes using it for a long time for less of an impact on your hand. The motor also produces 2.1 joules of energy while in use.
Reviews for the drill are positive because the kit comes with two lithium-ion batteries so you can continue to work while one charge. The drill can make at least forty-eight holes before the battery needs a recharge.
- A protective case comes with the drill.
- You can drill holes in concrete with the drill.
- The hammer drill comes with two batteries.
- The chuck can stop locking with extensive use.
- The battery to drill hookup can become weak.
The 2.1 Joules of energy basically provide the same power that corded drills do. This heavy duty drill also comes with vibration softening and a retractable utility hook that gives you the convenience of hanging and storing it to your desire. To put it simply, it’s a combination of high power and portability.
7. DEWALT 20V MAX Hammer Drill
Weight: 1.52 PoundsBatery Power: 2 Lithium-Ion BatteriesVoltage: 20 VoltsTorque: 3400 PoundsWarranty: 3-year limited warranty
The DEWALT 20V MAX Hammer Drill is a brushless drill with extra power for maximum performance. The hammer drill has a streamlined design to fit in tight spaces to produce up to two thousand RPMs for fast drilling. The handle design is also ergonomic so that you can drill for hours with comfort and control.
Reviews for the drill indicate that it is the best cordless hammer drill you can from Dewalt. The power behind the drill is impressive for the small, lightweight size of the drill at only 1.52 pounds.
- The handle is ergonomic for extended use.
- You get two batteries with the drill.
- The drill is dominant for a hammer drill.
- The chuck wobbles while in use.
- The drill drains the batteries quickly.
The DEWALT 20V Max offers a heavy duty half-inch ratcheting chuck that comes in handy when you need extra grip. It can easily fit into tight spaces, making it invaluable for projects where precision is absolutely necessary. Its capability of drilling up to 2000 RPMs also offers the possibility of finishing projects earlier if you are skilled enough to handle it properly.
Are you working with steel?: 7 Best Drill Bits for Hardened Steel of 2020
6. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Hammer Drill Kit
Weight: 4 PoundsBatery Power: Lithium-Ion Batteries sold separatelyVoltage: 20 VoltsTorque: 820 PoundsWarranty: 3-year limited warranty
The DEWALT 20V MAX XR Hammer Drill Kit is a high-performance drill made with improved performance time and strength. The Dewalt hammer drill comes with a powerful battery to last almost three times as long as the old battery pack system. The motor is brushless with eight hundred twenty watts of power.
The Dewalt drill has the best value cordless hammer drill on the market. As the best cordless hammer drill, the Dewalt reviews indicate that a large amount of torque the drill has to make it the perfect tool for the handyman.
- The second speed is perfect for drill holes.
- Three LED light degrees are available on the drill.
- The drill has eight hundred twenty pounds of torque.
- The default batteries you can buy for the drill die quickly.
- The speed settings can start to slip while in use.
The amount of torque it offers is enough for handymen who like doing work around the house and garage. As long as you don’t mind buying batteries and a charger separately, this cordless drill does a fantastic job for its price range.
5. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Matrix Cordless Drill/Driver
Weight: 4.25 PoundsBatery Power: Lithium-Ion BatteryVoltage: 20 VoltsTorque: 800 RPMWarranty: 2-year limited warranty
The BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Matrix Cordless Drill/Driver comes with a powerful twenty-volt motor and is the best cordless hammer drill you can buy from a manufacturer. It is is very compact and lightweight for a hammer drill. And it’s also highly versatile.
The best cordless hammer drill reviews indicate that the Black + Decker drill has seen considerable improvement in the strength of the motor. Buyers of the hammer drill love how compact and light it is for their work.
- Compact and easy to use in tight spaces.
- Black+Decker make multiple attachments that work with the hammer drill.
- The drill has a twenty-volt system that provides great power.
- The chuck can break with too much torque.
- The drill head does not have a strong RPM start.
This drill is built with versatility and power in mind. It’s a great choice for those who need to work in tight spaces and an even greater choice for those who need to carry their drills around often. Handymen will most likely fall in love with its features and design.
4. Bosch PS32-02 Cordless Drill Driver
Weight: 2 PoundsBatery Power: Lithium-Ion BatteryVoltage: 12 VoltsTorque: 180 PoundsWarranty: One-year limited warranty
The Bosch PS32-02 Cordless Drill Driver is a twelve-volt brushless drill. This hammer drill is lightweight and easy to use for extended drilling. It comes with a high-speed transmission capable of producing up to one hundred eighty pounds of torque.
Reviews for the hammer drill show that it is the best cordless hammer drill you can buy for the money. Buyers of the drill rave about how lightweight it is and its capabilities for light work around the house.
- The PS32 Drill has more power than other Bosch Drills on the market.
- The hammer drill comes with a hook so you can hang it from your pants.
- You have variable speeds as you squeeze the trigger.
- The hammer drill is not powerful enough for heavy-duty projects.
- The trigger for the hammer drill can become loose.
This Bosch cordless drill is perfect for lightweight work and portability. As such, it’s great for common house work, such as furniture or drilling holes in the wall for hanging paintings or mounting a TV.
3. Metabo HPT DV18DBFL2T 18V Cordless Brushless Hammer Drill
Weight: 1.54 PoundsBatery Power: 2 Lithium-Ion BatteriesVoltage: 18 VoltsTorque: 620 PoundsWarranty: Lifetime Lithium-ion tool body warranty
The Metabo HPT DV18DBFL2T 18V Cordless Brushless Hammer Drill is a Hitachi Power Hammer under the new Metabo name. The hammer comes with six hundred twenty pounds of torque to apply to any project along with a firm handle grip and a lightweight.
People generally left great reviews for this drill because it is one of the best cordless brushless hammer drill you can buy. The drill is versatile in its use on metal or wood, and the battery has enough power to keep you going through multiple holes.
- A built-in hook allows you to hang it from your belt.
- The kit comes with a battery charger, two batteries, and a carry bag.
- The hammer drill can take on even heavier duties, such as hard metal.
- The hammer drill carrying bag deteriorates easily.
Metabo have offered one of the best cordless hammer drills on the market. Users have praised its versatility on multiple surfaces and the battery’s lifespan on a single charge. Overall, it’s a powerful tool for handymen, woodworkers, metalworkers and even people who have to do light work around the house.
Your drill bits are just as important. Check them out: 7 Best Cobalt Drill Bits of 2020
2. CACOOP Cordless Hammer Drill Driver Set
Weight: 7.2 PoundsBatery Power: Lithium-Ion BatteryVoltage: 20 VoltsTorque: 442 PoundsWarranty: 2-Year Limited Warranty
The CACOOP Cordless Hammer Drill Driver Set is a low effort hammer drill. It will work with more efficiency at four hundred forty-two pounds of torque. It uses a twenty-volt battery to produce quick, quality hammering and screwing that will create more than twenty-five holes in a single work session.
Reviews for the Cacoop hammer drill are positive because it is the best value cordless hammer drill you can buy. The drill hammer has a fantastic amount of power behind everything it does and will not break your budget to purchase.
- You will not have trouble reading the instruction manual when you start.
- The price for the drill is impressive for the amount of torque and strength in the drill.
- The hammer drill has four hundred forty-two pounds of torque.
- The battery that comes in the kit could be more robust.
- The chuck can jam frequently.
This drill is designed with speed and efficiency in mind. If you want to drill through hard wood or 8-inch metal, you can easily do so without putting in extra effort just by turning on its 2x speed function. Last but not least, it’s one of the best-charing drills on the market due to its fast charging technology. It can go from 0% to 100% battery in just 90 minutes.
1. Cordless Drill Driver Kit
No products found.
Weight: 5.4 PoundsBatery Power: Lithium-Ion BatteryVoltage: 20 VoltsTorque: 330 PoundsWarranty: 2-Year Limited Warranty
The Cordless Drill Driver Kit, 20V Max Impact Hammer Drill comes with a reliable battery, guaranteed to last over one thousand charges. The drill comes with three variable functions, including a screwdriver, impact drilling, and drilling. The all-copper motor allows for the drill to manage up to three hundred thirty pounds of torque placed on every screw or nail you drill.
Reviews for the Impact Hammer Drill are positive for how versatile the hammer drill is in its functions. Several reviews indicated their appreciation of the rubber handle, which makes it easy to grip and use.
- You can drill even through concrete, not just regular materials.
- Built-in LED for dark environments.
- The keyless metal chuck can secure pieces in only a few turns.
- The drill bits can wear down quickly.
- The drill motor could’ve been more reliable.
The Kimo Cordless Drill is an impressive piece of equipment. The battery features fast charging, and it can go from 0% to 100% in a single hour. Furthermore, the variable speed and adjustable clutch make this drill highly versatile. You’ll have no problems assembling furniture or boring large holes into wood.
Frequently asked questions
If you’ve never used cordless hammer drills before, you might have some basic questions that need answering. We will be covering some of them down below.
Are cordless drill batteries interchangeable?
This depends on the battery type and shape. Different manufacturers use their own manufacturing techniques. As such, batteries can differ enormously from one brand to another. Usually, you can change batteries as long as they are from the same manufacturer, even if they have different voltage. But it is best to just consult the manual or call customer support and make sure.
Can I use a different charger for my cordless drill?
Again, this depends on several factors. For instance, you can’t use a 20-volt charger for 18-volt or lesser batteries. However, it is safe to use an 18-volt charger on a 20-volt battery or higher. Even so, some chargers may not be compatible at all with your drill if they’re from another manufacturer. Likewise, if the charger is from a much older drill model, chances are it will not work on a modern model.
Should I just buy a heavy duty drill for everything?
The simple answer is “no.” If you’re only planning on doing light work around the house or garage, there is no need to get something so heavy and bulky just for the sake of it. If you’re working with tight spaces, heavy duty drills will not only tire you quicker, but they will most likely completely hinder your chances of working properly.
How do I maintain my drill for longer?
First and foremost, try to clean your drill regularly. Keep it away from dust, humidity, sunlight and clean any debris after you’re done working. It might be a good idea to invest in a blow gun or a compressor to get rid of small debris that can get easily stuck in its small holes. You should also make sure to check the carbon brushes regularly and replace them as needed.
How can I prevent my drill from overloading?
If your drill starts emitting a burning smell after a couple of hours of working, it might be a good idea to let it rest for a while. If you need to work on complex projects, it is best to have at least one more drill handy just in case this happens. You can also use cutting and cooling lubricants to reduce wear and tear over time. You should also reduce the speed and let the drill work more slowly when you’re not in a hurry.
Final Thoughts On Cordless Hammer Drills
There are a lot of viable options on the market today, regardless of your working style or type of projects. Moreover, as you can see from the list above, you will most certainly find one that best suits your needs. Most importantly, take these into consideration when searching for a drill:
- Type of battery
- What it’s made for (heavy duty, light work, etc.)
- User reviews
Finally, if you take all of these into consideration, you’re guaranteed to find what you’re looking for.