While beginners might not realize it at first, having the best drill bit for porcelain tile is a must in any building.
Many homes and offices contain porcelain tiles, such as on the walls or floors, which may require drilling to perform certain plumbing jobs or installations, such as a towel rack.
However, because porcelain tile is harder and denser than other tiles, it typically requires a special drill bit for maximum results. As such, we will be exploring the best drill bits for porcelain tile that will yield maximum results for any home project.
- Top Porcelain Tiles Drill Bit Compared
- Best Drill Bit for Porcelain Tile in Review
- 1. Qwork 5 Pcs Set (6, 6, 8, 10, 12 mm) Multi-Material Drill Bit Set For Tile, and more
- 2. Little Smith 7 Pcs Multi-Material Drill Bit Set
- 3. Eagle Tool EM25072 Flex Shank Installer Drill Bit
- 4. Magbit Carbide Tipped Bellhanger Drill Bit
- 5. Eaninno 5 Piece Multi-Material Twist Drill Bits Set
- 6. UEUC Multi-Material Glass and Tile Hole Saw Drill Bit
- 7. Afunta 6 PCS Tungsten Carbide Drill Bit Set
- 8. Bastex Diamond Grit Hole Saw Bit Drill Set
- 9. Moffo Masonry Drill Bits Set
- Final Thoughts
Top Porcelain Tiles Drill Bit Compared
The best drill bit for porcelain tile is the carbide drill bit. They are stronger and stay sharper longer than most other drill bits, which makes them useful for cutting impervious materials, such as porcelain tile.
Carbide drill bits range in price anywhere from about $8 for a set all the way up to about $20 for specialty pieces.
Some of the most popular choices for the best drill bit for porcelain tile of 2020 are as follows, which are ranked based on material, user’s opinion, rating, and usability.
Best Drill Bit for Porcelain Tile in Review
1. Qwork 5 Pcs Set (6, 6, 8, 10, 12 mm) Multi-Material Drill Bit Set For Tile, and more
The Qwork 5 Pcs Multi-Material Drill Bit Set contains 2 x 1/4″, 1 x 5/16″, 1 x 3/8″, and 1 x 1/2″ Tungsten carbide spearhead drill bits are uniquely designed to cut through hard materials, such as tile, glass, concrete, brick, and more.
They also contain a U type slot as part of their design, which provides fast drilling and dust removal. And since we’re on the subject of dust removal, you might also want to consider a dust mask.
The anti-skid triangular handle found on the Qwork 5 Pcs Set Multi-Material Drill Bit Set further provides extra control by allowing the bits to sit better in any drill chuck.
- Includes various drill bits for completing different tasks, and they are made by the same factory that produces products for large international tool brands
- The carbide tip easily and smoothly penetrates porcelain material, and the edge remains sharp even after drilling several holes
- Easily handles any masonry after it
- U slot design for easy dust removal
- 3-flats shanks hold bit drill stably in place
- Excellent quality and price
- Black and silver color
- The bit will run hot and get dull quickly if you do not constantly use water while drilling, which can cause the process to take longer
The Qwork 5 Pcs Set Multi-Material Drill Bit Set is an outstanding choice for any porcelain tile as well as other materials that you might need to work on.Once it drills through the tile or mirror this drill bit will cope easily with any masonry behind it.As long as you’re not bothered by the metric system, you’ll have a smooth time using these quality drill bits for porcelain tile. And the bits can also be used on the best power drills as well.
2. Little Smith 7 Pcs Multi-Material Drill Bit Set
The Little Smith 7 Pcs Multi-Material Drill Bit Set comes in different sizes: 2 x 1’4″, 1 x 5/16″, 1 x 3/8″, and 1 x 1/2″.
These bits for porcelain tile contain a cemented carbide tip with a high quality slotted alloy cutting head for making smooth and precise cuts.
They also contain a unique triangular shaped handle, so the drill can be tightened and not slip, as well as a neat, smooth opening, so there is little resistance, which helps prevent heat.
Furthermore, the Little Smith 7 Pcs Multi-Material Drill Bit Set is also suitable for the best benchtop drill presses on the market because of each bit’s round handle design.
- The high-quality cemented carbide cutting head is great for cutting porcelain tiles
- Provides little cutting resistance for higher drilling efficiency
- Anti-skid triangular handle
- Paint treated to prevent rust
- Black & Silver color
- Great price
- This could be the best drill bit for porcelain tile, but there’s always a chance that the drill tips can break if the drill is not kept vertical while drilling
If you’re looking for the best drill bit for porcelain tile that doesn’t sacrifice speed, look no further than the Little Smith 7 Pcs Multi-Material Drill Bit Set.
These bits are highly versatile and can cut through several types of material due to their High Speed Steel construction. On top of that, the cutting flutes of the countersink drill bit is made of CNC gear grinding, which guarantees no skidding no matter how hard your project might be.
3. Eagle Tool EM25072 Flex Shank Installer Drill Bit
The Eagle Tool EM25072 Flex Shank Installer Drill Bit works well with tiles, concrete, brick, and other masonry products.
It features a 1/4″ head diameter, a 3/16″ shank diameter, and a 72″ length just perfect for reaching hard to reach places.
The Eagle Tool EM25072 Flex Shank Installer Drill Bit also includes a non-slip grip and fish accommodation holes in the flexible spring steel and bit for fishing wires. On top of that, this bit can easily drill even through conder blocks, which further adds value to an already premium package.
- High-quality carbide tip masonry bit
- Good fit for hard to reach places
- 3 flat non-slip grip on the end
- Flexible spring steel shank with wire fishing accommodation holes in the shank and the head
- A bit pricey
- Some users report that the bit breaks easily if improperly lubricated
An excellent choice for heavy duty use, the Eagle Tool EM25072 Flex Shank Installer Drill Bit is easily the best drill bit for porcelain tile that can also handle other materials without any fuss.
As long as you keep it lubricated properly, it should last you for quite a few projects without wear and tear.
4. Magbit Carbide Tipped Bellhanger Drill Bit
The Magbit Carbide Tipped Bellhanger Drill Bit is a longer drill bit, which provides extra reach.
In addition to containing a durable carbide tip, which is great for cutting porcelain tile, it also includes a fisheye hole near the tip to help with pulling wires.
This makes the Magbit Carbide Tipped Bellhanger Drill Bit excellent for masonry, brick, concrete blocks, and even some other materials aside from porcelain tile.
- Length and diameter are good for hard to reach areas
- The durable carbide tip is strong enough to cut porcelain tile and fast
- Fisheye hole aids in pulling wire
- It does an excellent job when paired with a hammer drill
- When used with a normal drill, it may take longer, which also increases the risk of grinding away the tip
- A bit pricey despite its overall quality
The Magbit Carbide Tipped Bellhanger Drill Bit is one of the strongest drill bits for porcelain tile that you will ever use.
We recommend pairing it with the best hammer drills on the market to get the best results.
5. Eaninno 5 Piece Multi-Material Twist Drill Bits Set
The Eaninno 5 Piece Multi-Material Twist Drill Bits Set, Carbide Tip for Tile contains two 1/4″, one 5/16″, a 3/8″, and one 1/2″ spear pointed, Tungsten carbide tipped drill bits.
They also come standard with a U groove drill design for fast drilling and easy chip removal, as well as a surface rust treatment for longevity. Their solid drill bit openings also help eliminate tremors.
Many users have praised the Eaninno 5 Piece Multi-Material Twist Drill Bits Set for each bit’s ability to handle hard materials, especially placing bathroom tiles over cement and concrete block walls.
- Spear pointed tip for easy drilling
- Solid masonry bit openings are smooth to prevent tremors and create fast opening speed and easy chip removal
- Five piece set includes many popular sizes for completing a variety of tasks
- Black & Silver color
- Reasonably priced
- May snap if not angled properly
If you want to drill straight through porcelain tile without cracking the material, you might want to consider the Eaninno 5 Piece Multi-Material Twist Drill Bits Set.
These bits fit seamlessly in many tools, including the best portable drills on the market today. As long as you cool them with water from time to time and angle them accordingly, you’ll have no trouble drilling through all sorts of materials.
6. UEUC Multi-Material Glass and Tile Hole Saw Drill Bit
The UEUC Multi-Material Glass and Tile Hole Saw Drill Bit contains multiple drill sizes, including 2 x 1/4″, 1 x 5/16″, 1 x 3/8″, and 1 x 1/2″ bits.
Each bit also contains a carbide tip with a reinforced head that enables clean drill holes in hard materials without cracking the bit.
Furthermore, the UEUC Multi-Material Glass and Tile Hole Saw Drill Bit also contains a U type slot for quick drilling and dust removal. Because of this, you’ll spend far less time on your projects compared to other bits for porcelain tile on the market.
- 5 piece set perfect for completing various jobs
- Double slot drilling design allows for faster drilling
- U slot design removes dust and chips and helps prevent plugs from being stuck in drill
- 3-flats shanks allows drill bit to easy plug and to be held easily
- Reasonably priced
- May wobble when cutting through some materials
The UEUC Multi-Material Glass and Tile Hole Saw Drill Bit does a very good job overall.
It might not be the best drill bit for porcelain glass when compared to other more suitable options on this list, but it still holds up quite well if you’re on a tight budget.
7. Afunta 6 PCS Tungsten Carbide Drill Bit Set
The Afunta 6 PCS Tungsten Carbide Drill Bit Set contains 2 x 0.23″, 2 x 0.31″, 1 x 0.39″, and 1 x 0.47″ carbide tipped bits. They come with a reinforced spearhead design to prevent bit cracking and extend the life of your equipment.
They also include a 3-flats shank, which allows drill bit easy plug for efficient drilling. And the U type design provides quick drilling dust removal. The Afunta 6 PCS Tungsten Carbide Drill Bit Set is specialized for glass and porcelain tiles. So you’re getting a 2-in-1 deal while still retaining the ability to drill through other materials. The only condition is that you should lubricate the bits correctly.
- The durable Tungsten carbide tip and reinforced spearhead design easily penetrates hard materials without cracking
- It may not be the very best drill bit for porcelain tile, but the U-slot design provides fast drilling and dust removal
- 3-flats shanks allows drill bit easy plug
- Price slightly higher than similar sets
The Afunta 6 PCS Tungsten Carbide Drill Bit Set is reliable for removing dust and drilling through porcelain tile and glass.
If you have a keyless chuck, you will find exchanging these bits quite easy. Made from high quality tungsten carbide, you can rest assured that they will most probably last you a long time.
8. Bastex Diamond Grit Hole Saw Bit Drill Set
Although made for general use, the Bastex Diamond Grit Hole Saw Bit Drill Set exceeds in quality when it comes to drilling through porcelain tile.
All the bits are processed for a smooth and exact finish because of the hole saw design. And to make this already affordable drill bit set for porcelain tile even more desirable, the company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
With these properties in mind, it’s easy to see why the Bastex Diamond Grit Hole Saw Bit Drill Set has made this list.
- The hole saw set can be used for various non-ferrous materials including glass, wood, porcelain, ceramic, stone, tile, granite and more
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Will work with all electric drills
- Users have praised the set’s durability
- The set sacrifices speed for torque
- Pieces of the material that you’re drilling might get stuck in the drill head hole
If value for money is of utmost importance to you, then you should consider buying the Bastex Diamond Grit Hole Saw Bit Drill Set.
Water should be enough to properly lubricate the drill bits, and it is highly unlikely that the bits will break easily.
9. Moffo Masonry Drill Bits Set
Although their primary use is for masonry, the Moffo Masonry Drill Bits Set also does a fairly good job of drilling through porcelain tiles.
These bits are made of cemented carbide with no broke edges. This offers the Moffo Masonry Drill Bits Set the ability to evacuate dust and drill perfectly-shaped holes with just a little water lubrication.
- Made of high quality allow steel material
- Smooth opening with no broken edge
- More durable than other bits of this type
- The company promises a full refund or replacement if you’re not satisfied
- Some users claim the their bits came improperly centered
- The smaller bits might bend under heavy pressure
When looking at the Moffo Masonry Drill Bits Set, you might at first think that their shape is weird.
However, most of the time these bits do an excellent job of penetrating through porcelain tile and other materials as well.
Remember, the best drill bit for porcelain tile is a carbide tip drill bit. It offers the best cutting for porcelain tile.
When drilling porcelain tiles, you should also remember to use water or a different coolant as a lubricant in the process, which will help keep the drill bit cool and also prolong the life of your equipment.
You should also keep in mind that some drill bits work best with a hammer drill, so be sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions as well as the proper setting for your task to prevent damaging your bits.
Other bits for porcelain tile might also work with other types of drills as well, which further strengthens the argument that you should read the instructions on the packaging or manual carefully.
Follow these steps and you should have no problem drilling through porcelain tiles.