There are a plethora of drill bits that you can use for various projects. It’s imperative to get the best drill bit set for the job at hand, or you may find yourself with drill bits that wear out quickly, or worse, don’t work correctly.
We took the liberty of researching dozens of drill bit sets to pick out the best of the bunch from the best drill bit brands. We found eight that would be worth every minute of your time, and we’ve listed them below in ascending order of positive ratings.
Keep reading to find out which set is the best overall.
- Best Drill Bit Set Reviews
- 8. Neiko 10047A 12” Extra Long Drill Bit Set
- 7. Makita B-65399 Impact Gold Titanium Drill Bit Set
- 6. Drilax Diamond Hole Saw Drill Bit Set
- 5. DeWalt Masonry Drill Bit Set
- 4. CRAFTSMAN Drill Bit Set CMAM2214
- 3. Bosch Drilling and Driving Mixed Set MS4091
- 2. DeWalt Titanium Drill Bit Set
- 1. DEWALT Screwdriver Bit Set / Drill Bit Set
- Final thoughts
Best Drill Bit Set Reviews
8. Neiko 10047A 12” Extra Long Drill Bit Set
Type: Twist bitPurpose: General Purpose; non-professionalMaterial: High-speed steel (HSS)Quantity: 5 pieces
The Neiko Extra Long Drill Bit Set is an excellent general-purpose twist bit set that is suitable for drilling into a variety of materials. It’s made of HSS, which makes it long-lasting and strong. These drill bits allow you to access hard-to-reach areas with ease.
The set comes with five standard sizes: 1/8-inch, 3/16-inch, 1/4-inch, 5/16-inch, and 3/8-inch, so you’re covered no matter what size hole you need. This is a great drill bit set to have in addition to your main set. Keep in mind that it’s suited more for home projects and non-professional use.
- Sizes are engraved on each drill bit.
- Each bit has a spiral flute.
- Very affordable price point.
- The 1/8-inch drill bit wobbles if you aren’t careful.
- The plastic case could’ve been better.
This extra-long drill bit set will last you for quite a while. The bits are sturdy and they fit well for general non-professional purposes.
7. Makita B-65399 Impact Gold Titanium Drill Bit Set
Type: Twist Hex bitsPurpose: General Purpose; professional and non-professionalMaterial: Titanium nitride (TiN)Quantity: 14 pieces
Designed for professional use, these drill bits are made with the most reliable titanium coating – titanium nitride. It’s the strongest coating right under diamond, making them the best hex drill bit set available. These bits are suited for use on ferrous and non-ferrous metal, wood, plastic, cast iron, and stainless steel.
With 14 different sizes, this kit has everything you need as far as twist bits go. It’s designed to be used with 1/4-inch hex impact drivers, although some users reported being able to use them with a 3/8-inch chuck. Overall, it’s a great set to have for a multitude of projects.
- 135° split point geometry reduces walking.
- Xtreme Torsion Technology extends the life of the tips.
- The three largest bits are one-piece bits.
- Removing bits from the plastic holders inside the case can be difficult.
- The three smallest bits sometimes wobble.
Since Makita is one of the top drill brands, it was obvious that their drill bit set would be one of the most appreciated. Having 14 different sizes to choose from means you’ll have no trouble find the right bit for the right job.
This brand’s screws go well with: Makita 18v Lithium Drill Review in 2020
6. Drilax Diamond Hole Saw Drill Bit Set
Type: Hole saw bitPurpose: Stones/countertops; professionalMaterial: Diamond-coated steelQuantity: 5 pieces
No professional contractor’s bit collection is complete without a diamond hole saw drill bit set. Drilax is a relatively new brand on the market compared to others, but their products are quickly making an impressive mark in the industry.
This five-piece diamond-coated set is 30 percent longer than typical hole saw drill bits so you can use it on thicker stone material with ease. The set includes all your standard sizes as well as a handy storage case, so you’ll be ready for just about any job.
- The polyurethane zipper storage case keeps bits organized and protected.
- The high-density poly insert can be used as a drill guide.
- Extremely high-quality and easy to use.
- Will not last if you don’t wet drill.
- Must drill slowly for the most effective outcome.
If you’re a professional contractor, chances are you might consider this the best drill bit set you’ve worked with. This set lasts about 30% longer than others of its category. And although this brand is fairly new to the market, they’re already making a name for themselves.
5. DeWalt Masonry Drill Bit Set
Type: Hammer bitPurpose: Masonry; professionalMaterial: CarbideQuantity: 7 pieces
If you are a professional mason, you don’t want to go without a good masonry drill bit set. The DeWalt set is, hands down, the best drill bit set for masonry. For one, DeWalt is known for nothing but outstanding quality products. With a name like DeWalt backing the drill bit set, you can purchase it without worries.
The seven-piece set is made from rock carbide. This is one of the best materials to use on concrete, rock, and stone besides diamond-coated. Rock carbide is very sharp and will drill through these materials effortlessly. With sizes ranging from 3/16″ to 1/2″, this set will equip you for all your masonry drilling needs.
- Very sturdy – no wobbling.
- It is made with three flats on the shank to prevent slippage.
- Features a four-flute design to clear debris while you drill.
- Doesn’t come with a sturdy case.
- Not suitable for ceramic.
When it comes to drilling and accessories, Dewalt seem to always bring out the best in them. This set is no different, managing to fulfill every requirement for masonry work flawlessly. If masonry is what you do, look no further than this.
4. CRAFTSMAN Drill Bit Set CMAM2214
Type: Twist bitPurpose: General purpose; non-professionalMaterial: Gold OxideQuantity: 14 pieces
Craftsman is a top tool manufacturing company that has gained trust globally. This drill bit set doesn’t disappoint and is a great set to have in your array of bits. The bits are made of gold-oxide coated HSS. This is great for general use in materials like wood or drywall.
While gold-oxide coated HSS isn’t the strongest available, it’s not meant for heavy-duty use or harder materials like wood or metal. This is a great range that should cover every size hole you need to drill. As long as you use it for its intended purpose, this set will serve your needs for a very long time.
- Strong, compact carrying case.
- Only suitable for a limited number of materials.
- Smaller sizes can sometimes wobble.
The gold oxide coated HSS is great for materials like wood and drywall. The high range of sizes make it easy to choose a bit for any type of drilling you need done. The price-to-value ratio is absolutely fantastic.
Do you want a cobalt drill bit? Check out these ones: 7 Best Cobalt Drill Bits of 2020
3. Bosch Drilling and Driving Mixed Set MS4091
Type: VariousPurpose: Everyday tasks; non-professionalMaterial: Steel, TitaniumQuantity: 91 pieces
The Bosch 91-piece drill/driving set is extremely impressive. It makes an excellent kit for someone who is buying tools for the first time because it has just about every bit you’d need for any project. It’s so comprehensive that it’s the best drill bit set for home use.
The kit includes one-inch insert bits, two-inch insert bits, nut setters, countersink, bit holder, ratchet screwdriver, magnetic extension pen, titanium drill bits, rotary masonry drill bits, and brad point bits.
Besides the high-quality pieces, the best thing about the kit is the convenient case. Not only is it a hard, protective case, but each bit set or tool has a removable container. Staying organized has never been easier with this kit. In case you think that 91 pieces are too much, the package also comes in 34, 41, and 65-piece sets.
- Great bargain for such a large kit.
- Convenient hard case with a strong, thick handle.
- Split drill bit tips for easy starting.
- Not suitable for high-volume usage.
- Ratchet screwdriver is a little weak.
With an impressive number of bits and a convenient carrying case, Bosch has clearly delivered a truly outstanding set of bits. It’s an excellent choice for first-time buyers who can’t decide on what they should get.
2. DeWalt Titanium Drill Bit Set
Type: Twist bitsPurpose: General purpose; professionalMaterial: TitaniumQuantity: 21 pieces
We have another DeWalt set on the list because DeWalt because this is one of the best drill bit sets for metal. This titanium-coated set is perfect for professional use. With this set, DeWalt solved some of the most common problems found with drill bit sets. The bits are extremely strong, sturdy, and reliable. Not even the small bits wobble. They are made with speed tips and no-spin shanks.
The bits have a patented web taper design that fights against breakage. That paired with the titanium coating makes these drill bits some of the strongest you’ll find on the market. These bits are so great that there is barely anything negative to say about them.
- Special bit bar design allows for easy removal of bits.
- Bits are all one-piece construction.
- The case is made of heavy-duty hard plastic.
- Only suitable for metal, wood, and plastic.
- The fact that they’re made from titanium might make beginners think they’re suitable even for concrete.
Despite the fact that they only work on certain materials, they do a phenomenal job. These bits are strong, sturdy, and reliable. Absolutely no wobble even on the smallest of bits. So you know you’ll be capable of working with precision.
1. DEWALT Screwdriver Bit Set / Drill Bit Set
Type: VariousPurpose: General purpose; professional and non-professionalMaterial: Steel alloy, gold ferrousQuantity: 100 pieces
Since DeWalt is the best brand, it makes sense that the overall best drill bit set would be a DeWalt product. This is the number one product because, even though it’s only made from a steel alloy, it outperforms just about any other kit in the list besides the DeWalt titanium bits (DeWalt only comes second to itself). You get this phenomenal quality in 100 pieces, which is more than fair for the price point that DeWalt offers.
The kit separates into four different types of bits, and each type comes in its own separate hard protective case. This makes it easy to keep them all organized. The four types are the 14-piece gold ferrous pilot point drilling set, a 19-piece heat-treated screwdriver set, a second 37-piece screw driving kit with hole saw bits, and a 30-piece impact-ready FlexTorq screwdriving set.
- The FlexTorq bits allow the bits to bend up to 15 degrees for extra durability.
- Cases are magnetic to keep bits in place.
- Pilot-point tips reduce chances of lockup on breakthrough.
- It would’ve been nice if the kit included masonry bits.
Hands down our top pick out of all the drill bit sets that are out there. With such a great number of bits, this set will make it easier for beginners to choose, while also giving professionals every type of bit possible for any work they might have to do.
Now that you know what bits to get, here’s something to use them on: 8 Best Power Drills of 2020
The eight drill bit sets we’ve reviewed above are among the best you’ll find, especially the DeWalt sets. Our number one pick for best drill bit set overall is naturally a DeWalt set that includes almost everything you’d need.
It’s great for professionals or home use so that anyone can benefit from it. Even if you don’t go with a DeWalt set, you don’t have to worry. No matter which set you choose, you’ll be getting a top-quality drill bit set that won’t disappoint. We hope you’ve enjoyed our list of the eight best drill bit sets