The best drill bits for stainless steel are sturdy and made to last through multiple projects. When you are looking for good, high-quality bits, you need to do your homework and look for bits that will last through numerous projects.
You also need to know what to avoid and how to look at the best quality bits. If you are looking for the best drill bits for stainless steel, you need to do your homework, so you know what bits will work best for your projects.
- Best Drill Bits For Stainless Steel Reviews
- 10. Hymnorq Metric M35 Cobalt Steel Extremely Heat Resistant Twist Drill Bits
- 9. Champion Cutting Tool Brute Platinum Twister
- 8. 1/16-Inch Cobalt Steel M35 Jobber Length Twist Drill Bits
- 7. POWERTEC QDB2012 Cobalt Drill Bit 1/2-Inch | 135 Degree Drill Bit Set – 2 Pack
- 6. DEWALT Drill Bit Set, Titanium, 14-Piece (DW1354)
- 5. Bosch CO14B 14 Pc. Cobalt M42 Drill Bit Set
- 4. COMOWARE Cobalt Drill Bit Set- 15Pcs M35 High-Speed Steel Twist
- 3. amoolo Cobalt Drill Bit Set (13 pcs), M35 HSS Metal Drill Bits
- 2. 1/8-Inch Cobalt Steel M35 Jobber Length Twist Drill Bits
- 1. Metric M42 8% Cobalt Twist Drill Bits Set
Best Drill Bits For Stainless Steel Reviews
10. Hymnorq Metric M35 Cobalt Steel Extremely Heat Resistant Twist Drill Bits
Material: Cobalt SteelCuts through: Stainless steel, cast iron, and other hard metalsWeight: 2.4 ouncesType: MetricBit sizes: 1 mm up to 3 mmNumber of bits: 50 bits
The Hymnorq Metric M35 Cobalt Steel Extremely Heat Resistant Twist Drill Bits are M35 cobalt steel and molybdenum. They are the best drill bit material for drilling stainless steel as they have a point angle that is a one hundred thirty-five split pointed bit that self-centered on stainless steel, cast iron, and softer materials.
The quality of the bits is outstanding. They can drill smoothly through stainless steel. The bits produce clean holes with every use, and they do not break easily with multiple projects. They are perfect for projects that require multiple holes and use throughout an entire day.
- You have up to fifty different bits to use on any project.
- The bits are German manufacturing.
- The bits are suitable for many types of projects.
- The bits can break if you drill them at an angle.
- The bits may be too small for some projects.
All the bits are of outstanding quality overall. They go smoothly through stainless steel and they can also penetrate other hard metals with ease.
9. Champion Cutting Tool Brute Platinum Twister
Material: High Speed SteelCuts through: Steel and hard metalsWeight: 2.6 poundsType: StandardBit sizes: 1/16th to ½ an inchNumber of bits: 59 bits
The Champion Cutting Tool Brute Platinum Twister bits are premium high-speed steel treated with NOMO surface treatment that helps the bit slide smoothly through the steel, stainless steel, and titanium alloys. They come with a split point that will allow you to drill three times longer than other bits.
Users have generally praised the bits for their quality. The longevity of the bits despite multiple projects is a main benefit for the purchase. The only complaint about the bits involves the quality of the case they come in, which will hold your bits very tightly, but will make it difficult to get them in and out of.
- The bits are high-speed steel for durability.
- The bits come treated with a NOMO coating, which helps protect the bits while in use.
- There are 59 bits to choose from.
- You can lose bits in the case if they are pushed too far into it.
- The case can make it difficult to remove or put in the bits.
If it weren’t for the less than ideal case, we would’ve most likely placed this bit set higher on our list. Nevertheless, the amounts of bits and their quality is phenomenal for the price.
8. 1/16-Inch Cobalt Steel M35 Jobber Length Twist Drill Bits
Material: High Speed Steel and CobaltCuts through: Stainless steel and other metalsWeight: 0.48 ouncesType: StandardBit sizes: 1/16th of an inch by 1/7/8th of an inchNumber of bits: 12 bits
The 1/16-Inch Cobalt Steel M35 Jobber Length Twist Drill Bits are a set of twelve cobalt bits. They are ideal for high-speed drilling because they are heat-resistant and come with a one hundred eighteen degree point. You can resharpen the bits as they dull over time from use and work well with different kinds of hard metal, including stainless steel.
Reviews for the Cobalt bits are positive for holding a very sharp edge and for having multiples of the same bit in the package. Having multiple bits means always having a sharp bit ready when one starts to dull.
- The bits are heat resistant.
- You can drill through multiple types of metal, including stainless steel.
- The same 1/16th of an inch bit comes in a package of twelve.
- The bits could be stronger.
- The bits can snap with too much force.
If you’re looking for this specific bit size, then this package provides an excellent deal. The fact that you can resharpen the bits adds immense value, and their heat resistance is outstanding.
If you have a porcelain-related project in mind, you should check out this: 7 Best Drill Bits for Porcelain Tile of 2020
7. POWERTEC QDB2012 Cobalt Drill Bit 1/2-Inch | 135 Degree Drill Bit Set – 2 Pack
Material: CobaltCuts through: Metal, stainless steel, cast iron, titanium, nickel alloy, and softer materialsWeight: 6.4 ouncesType: StandardBit sizes: ½ an inchNumber of bits: 2 bits
The POWERTEC QDB2012 Cobalt Drill Bit 1/2-Inch | 135 Degree Drill Bit Set comes with two cobalt bits that is the best drill bit for drilling stainless steel, cast iron, and nickel. The cobalt drill bits are M35 high-speed steel to resist heat buildup and wear.
Reviews for the bits are very positive. The bits last through multiple holes with a one hundred thirty-five degree split point holes that are pure precision. The drill bits are very high-quality, and you can sharpen them when they start to dull.
- You can sharpen the bit when they start to dull.
- You can drill with both keyed and keyless drills.
- The bits are M35 cobalt material.
Don’t let the fact that this pack comes with only 2 bits fool you. If taken care of and if resharpened from time to time, these bits can last you for quite a lot of projects.
6. DEWALT Drill Bit Set, Titanium, 14-Piece (DW1354)
Material: TitaniumCuts through: Metal and woodWeight: 14.9 ouncesType: StandardBit sizes: 1/16th of an inch up to 5/32 of an inchNumber of bits: 14 bits
The DEWALT Drill Bit Set has a pure titanium pilot point. The titanium points are durable and tapered to reduce the chance of breaking and last longer. The Dewalt bits will bore through most types of wood and metal without walking. The bit set offers the best quality drill bits for stainless steel drilling.
Reviews for the bits are positive regarding durability and different types of materials they can drill through. The variety of the bits makes the Dewalt kit a good one for multiple types of home improvement or auto projects.
- The set comes with fourteen different bits to complete most jobs.
- The drill bits are titanium, which can last through multiple jobs.
- The tips of bits have a tapered edge to prevent them from snapping.
- The case that holds the bits makes it difficult to get them in and out of it.
- The titanium coating can strip off of it.
Dewalt never disappoints when it comes to drills and related accessories. As such, you can rest assured that this kit is of high value. They will bore through metal and wood with no hassle.
5. Bosch CO14B 14 Pc. Cobalt M42 Drill Bit Set
Material: CobaltCuts through: Stainless steel, titanium, cast iron, light-gauge metal, and aluminumWeight: 1.06 poundsType: StandardBit sizes: 1/16th of an inch up to ½th an inchNumber of bits: 14 bits
The Bosch CO14B 14 Pc. Cobalt M42 Drill Bit Set comes with fourteen different sized bits. The bits are upgraded M42 Cobalt bits that resist heat and can drill through stainless steel, titanium, and even aluminum. The bits are the best drill bits for stainless steel bolts and other stainless steel projects.
Reviews for the bits are favorable when it comes to durability and quality. They also like the hardened tips of the bits for penetrating extremely hard surfaces. There were complaints of the bits wearing out or breaking too early, but not many.
- You will be able to cut through stainless steel without a problem.
- You can use these bits on a lot of tough metals.
- The bits do not dull quickly with use.
- The tips of the bits wear out with different types of metals.
- If you press too hard on the bits, they can break.
Bosch has delivered an excellent set of drill bits for stainless steel. You’ll be able to finish most projects on time or even sooner by using these quality-made accessories.
If you want quality on the go, check this out: Best Portable Drills of 2020
4. COMOWARE Cobalt Drill Bit Set- 15Pcs M35 High-Speed Steel Twist
Material: CobaltCuts through: Hardened metal, cast iron, stainless steel, wood and plasticWeight: 12.8 ouncesType: StandardBit sizes: 1/16th of an inch to 3/8th of an inchNumber of bits: 15 bits
The COMOWARE Cobalt Drill Bit Set comes with fifteen bits that produce clean bore smoothly. The bits use M35 cobalt high-speed steel and come with a one hundred thirty-five degree split point, and a god oxide finish. The bits can cut through stainless steel, cast iron, titanium, wood, and hard plastics without a problem.
Buyers like the wide variety of sizes at a good price. They also enjoy the wide variety of material the bits can drill through. There are few negative reviews for the bits, with the biggest complaints being the bits snapping after hard use.
- The bits come in a case that keeps them organized by size.
- The bits work on steel as well as aluminum.
- The kit comes with fifteen different bits that work for most jobs.
- The longer bits can break more quickly.
- The bits can wear down quickly.
These bits produce clean bore without any hassle. The selection of sizes will cover a wide variety of projects that you may want to work on.
3. amoolo Cobalt Drill Bit Set (13 pcs), M35 HSS Metal Drill Bits
Material: M35 Cobalt High-speed steelCuts through: Metal, Cast iron, and stainless steelWeight: 2.4 ouncesType: StandardBit sizes: 1/16 up to 1/4Number of bits: 13 bits
The amoolo Cobalt Drill Bit Set fits most drills for producing a substantial deep hole. The bits are heat-resistant and have a clear grooved design that prevents the bit from “walking” while you complete your hole. The bits cut cleanly into stainless steel, cast iron, regular steel, and wood.
The reviews for the bits are positive for the value of the set for the money you will spend. They drill easily through different metals and are the best drill bits for stainless steel. They last through multiple jobs, and gradual and progressive wear from use was a complaint about these drill bits.
- Cutting hard steel is no problem for these bits.
- The price for the bits is good for what you get.
- The bits in the package are the perfect size for most jobs.
- The bit tips can wear down quickly.
- The long bits break more easily.
These bits were made to produce deep holes inside the materials that you drill through. They cut cleanly into stainless steel and other hard metals. The price-to-value ratio is top-notch and this brand shows a lot of promise.
2. 1/8-Inch Cobalt Steel M35 Jobber Length Twist Drill Bits
Material: High speed steel and cobaltCuts through: Hard metal and Stainless steelWeight: 1.6 ouncesType: StandardBit sizes: 1/8 of an inchNumber of bits: 12 bits
The 1/8-Inch Cobalt Steel M35 Jobber Length Twist Drill Bits are heat-resistant with a one hundred thirty-five degree split point. The drill bits work best on hard metal and are the best drill bits for stainless steel. The hardness has reinforcement from a straight shank, and you can repeatedly sharpen the edge without damaging it.
The reviews for the drill bits are mostly positive. Buyers of the bits rave over their resistance to heat, which can damage the bit and the project. They also loved the ability for the bits to drill through multiple types of metals without damage.
- You can use the bits for almost every type of metal drilling project.
- You can sharpen the drill bits as needed.
- The drill bits have no trouble drilling high carbon steel.
- The bits will break with too much force.
- The bits can wobble.
Featuring heat resistance and a 135 degree split point, these bits generally offer great resistance against steel and other hard metals. You can also repeatedly sharpen them, so you can use them for a very long time.
The bits are just the beginning. To drill steel, you’ll also need this: DeWalt DCK290l2 Drill Review 2020
1. Metric M42 8% Cobalt Twist Drill Bits Set
Material: CobaltCuts through: Stainless steel, hard metals, aluminum, and plasticWeight: 10.4 ouncesType: MetricBit sizes: 1 MM to 10 MM in 0.5 step incrementsNumber of bits: 19 bits
The Metric M42 8% Cobalt Twist Drill Bits Set controls the temperature the bits generate through use. The bit is chip and wear-resistant. The bits come ready to use with a one hundred thirty-five degree split point to ensure a deep and accurately drilled hole.
The reviews for the bits are mostly positive, with most buyers liking the versatility of the bits for working on metals, stainless steel, and wood projects. There are some complaints about the bits breaking if you press too hard on the bit while you use it though they are the best bits for stainless steel.
- The bits have a one hundred thirty-five degree split point that makes it easy to drill deep into the material.
- You can use the bits on metal and wood projects interchangeably.
- The set comes with nineteen drill bits in 0.5 step increments.
- The bits wear down quickly when drilling hardened steel.
- The small bits can break if you lean too hard on your drill.
These fantastic drill bits are chip and wear resistant, meaning that you’ll get a lot of value for your money. The 150-degree split point allows for drilling deep and accurate holes. If we’re talking about stainless steel alone, these bits are by far the best for that material.
The drill bits you need are high-quality materials. They last through any number of projects and give you a quality final product every time.
If you know of any high-quality drill bits that have come to your attention, please let us know. If you also have any idea what bits work best for stainless steel, please share your experience in the comment section below.