Best Drill Driver Combos of 2020
Driver/drill combo tools offer quite a few advantages. They essentially combine two traditional tools into a single package. But at the same time, build upon both to create something even better. That complexity can make it harder to find the right model though. In this article, we’ll find the best drill driver combo available in 2020 through careful examination. We’ll look at price, functionality for both driver and drill and general user experience. By the end, we’ll have a solid winner for best drill driver combo.
- 7. Tacklife PCD06B Lithium-Ion 3/8″ Cordless Drill Driver
- 6. Bosch 18-Volt Compact Tough Drill/Driver
- 5. Black+Decker DR260C 3/8′ Drill/Driver
- 4. Milwaukee M12 12V 3/8-Inch Drill Driver
- 3. Black+Decker LDX120C Lithium Ion Drill/Driver
- 2. Tacklife 12V 2.0Ah Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver
- 1. DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Drill Driver
7. Tacklife PCD06B Lithium-Ion 3/8″ Cordless Drill Driver
The Tacklife PCD06B is among the best drill driver combo units for people who want a jack of all trades device. It meets and surpasses most of the standards one would hope for. The two speed gearbolt is sufficient for both drilling and screwing. And it features an ergonomic design.
- The ergonomic design offers a softer than average grip on the handle. While a small feature, it can prove vitally important for longer jobs. The LED is also positioned to take advantage of the softer handle design. The overall cost is also quite reasonable for a solidly mid-range combo drill.
- It meets expectations but seldom surpasses them. While a solid combo drill, it still doesn’t bring many new features to the experience.
6. Bosch 18-Volt Compact Tough Drill/Driver
Bosch’s 18-volt drill only weighs 3 lbs. It’s a lightweight offering which nevertheless can deliver up to 350 lbs of optimized torque. And on top of that it reaches an RPM of up to 1300.
- It’s one of the best drill driver combo tools in large part due to the combination of weight and power. This is an ideal choice for people who need to keep things lightweight but still have powerful needs. It’s portable enough to take on any project. But at the same time it’s powerful enough to meet any needs on arrival.It’s one of the best drill driver combo tools in large part due to the combination of weight and power. This is an ideal choice for people who need to keep things lightweight but still have powerful needs. It’s portable enough to take on any project. But at the same time it’s powerful enough to meet any needs on arrival.
- The overall cost is a little higher than one might suspect. And on top of that the overall durability isn’t quite as high as one might wish. These two factors keep it a little lower on the list.
5. Black+Decker DR260C 3/8′ Drill/Driver
Black+Decker’s offering is light on extras. It has the standards one would expect from a combo drill. But what ranks it among the best drill driver combo choices is price. It’s a very reasonably priced option for what it can provide. And on top of that it even has a few extra niceties,
- The biggest benefit simply comes down to a reasonable price. But the on board bit storage is a nice extra which can prove surprisingly useful.
- The durability leaves something to be desired. One needs to be careful not to push it beyond what a mid-range drill can handle.
4. Milwaukee M12 12V 3/8-Inch Drill Driver
The Milwaukee M12 is built for durability. The overall power might weigh in slightly lower than other items on the list. For example, it only reaches 275 lbs of torque. But it’s designed to endure through years of heavy operation.
- It ranks among the best drill driver combo tools due to longevity. It’s a tool that’s meant to go from project to project over years of time. The metal ratcheting and overall construction ensure it can stand up to even heavy use.
- While it’s very durable, it falls short on some other specs. It’s also a little over the average price range when one accounts for additional costs such as batteries.
3. Black+Decker LDX120C Lithium Ion Drill/Driver
Black+Decker’s drill shows that one can have great options at reasonable prices. It has a lightweight design, coming in at 3.4 lbs. And the battery life tends to last for around an hour between charges. The motor can reach up to 650 RPM under standard conditions.
- The lighter weight and compact size ensure that it’s easy to travel with. And solid battery life compliments those standards as well. This makes it a great choice for lighter projects which involve a lot of walking.
- The 115 in-lb torque is somewhat lacking in comparison to similar options. This keeps it from rising too high on the list. While it’s great for smaller projects, this lack of raw power puts some limitations on what it can do.
2. Tacklife 12V 2.0Ah Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Driver
Tacklife’s combo drill brings some impressive features to the table. The higher build quality is instantly apparent. Material even varies by location to offer up the best grip or stability. Closer examination shows helpful features such as a digital power display.
- It’s one of the more feature rich combo drills on this list. The power button can switch between one and two handed modes. And the clutch features additional stabilization for a wide variety of materials.
- The extras do come at the cost of a higher overall price. This could be seen as a downside for people who just want a simple and reliable tool.
1. DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Drill Driver
Dewalt’s combo drill provides a powerful option for difficult projects. The brushless motor and longer runtime ensure that it’s a good fit for long term projects in a variety of difficult locations. At 500 in-lb torque it’s up to almost any task. Additionally, the higher than average build quality is instantly apparent on first use.
- It offers up similar durability as some other options on this list. However, it provides much more power. And on top of that, the power doesn’t come at the cost of battery life. The cells even hold up well against discharge when not in use.
- The higher build quality does come at a cost. If one only wants a combo drill for smaller projects than the extra money might not be worth it.
The Dewalt DCD777C2 comes out as the best drill driver combo for general use. It’s the best fit for the main criteria. But people who want additional extras might want to give additional consideration to Tracklife’s drill.
This demonstrates that all of the listed drills have strengths which fit different styles. Readers are encouraged to share their experiences with the listed drills. And in doing so, demonstrate just how to get the most out of any of these options.