Power drills come in many shapes, sizes, and varieties. They help you achieve a multitude of heavy projects with relative ease.
Our list of the best power drills for 2020 will provide you with a range of inexpensive and moderately priced items that are suitable for construction professionals and craft hobbyists.
- Best Power Drills (Updated List)
- 8. WORKPRO Pink Cordless 20V Lithium-ion Drill Driver Set
- 7. BLACK + DECKER LD120VA Drill
- 6. PORTER-CABLE PC600D Variable Drill
- 5. BLACK + DECKER SS12C Cordless Drill
- 4. Makita FD02W 12V Cordless Drill Driver Kit
- 3. Bosch Power Tools Drill Driver Kit DDB181-02
- 2. WORX WX176L 20V Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill
- 1. DeWALT Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit
- Final thoughts
Best Power Drills (Updated List)
We analyze the best power drills on the market in 2020 based on criteria such as performance, power, user experiences, extra features, and affordability.
You’ll find a precise breakdown of what we liked and what we thought could be better for each drill.
8. WORKPRO Pink Cordless 20V Lithium-ion Drill Driver Set
Power: 203 in-Lbs torqueRPMs: 0-400 RPM/0-1500 RPMType: Brushed DC
The WORKPRO Pink Cordless 20V Lithium-ion Drill is one of the most highly rated power drills today, delivering up to 1500 RPM.
This power drill features 21+1 torque settings and an anti-slip soft grip handle for precision, as well as a LED light so you can see the surface you’re drilling in better.
Coming with 10 different drill bits and an organized tool bag, the WORKPRO Pink Cordless 20V Lithium-ion Drill Driver Set is an efficient power drill that comes below $70.
And since it comes at such a low price, you’ll be able to afford even some of the best drill bits for hardened steel which expands on the drill’s capabilities.
- Highly affordable power drill + driver set.
- It comes with 10 drill bits.
- Two variable speed settings make it easy to switch between light and heavy-duty tasks.
- The large keyless chuck allows higher bit retention.
- The bits could’ve been better.
- It comes with a somewhat unclear instruction manual for beginners.
The WORKPRO Pink Cordless 20V Lithium-ion Drill Driver Set is an uncanny yet powerful choice if you’re looking for a power drill set.
Although its main target audience is comprised of females, this drill does such a good job that we would recommend it for men as well, regardless of their taste in color.
7. BLACK + DECKER LD120VA Drill
Power: 300 torqueMax RPMs: 750Type: Brushed DC
Coming with a lithium-ion battery that can hold a charge for up to 18 months, the BLACK + DECKER LD120VA Drill is ideal for hobbyists.
This relatively affordable power drill can achieve drilling through a variety of materials in one job, and it comes with 30 different accessories, including screwdriver bits, nut drivers, and a magnetic bit tip holder.
Many users report that the BLACK + DECKER LD120VA Drill can handle various woods, metals, and plastics with ease. The power drill has excellent torque and power ratings, as well as 24 clutch settings and a 3/8-inch chuck.
- This drill is part of a great starter kit that comes with over 30 additional accessories.
- It is easy to use and has variable speed controls.
- Torque power of 300 in-lb is reliable for a variety of projects, including heavy-duty tasks.
- The two-year warranty has you covered in case of any malfunctions.
- It doesn’t have a built-in light, which would’ve made things easier in tight spaces.
- The drill tends to get quite hot if used for longer periods of time without pause.
The BLACK + DECKER LD120VA Drill is an excellent choice for a fairly low price.
With a long-lasting battery, 30 different accessories, and a 24 position clutch, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to tackle a variety of projects with relative ease. And since you’ll be using this drill for such a wide variety of projects, we recommend looking into the best dust masks for drilling protection.
6. PORTER-CABLE PC600D Variable Drill
Power: 300 torqueMax RPMs: 2500Type: Brushed DC
The sleek design of the PORTER-CABLE PC600D Variable Drill and its powerful 6.5 amp motor make it one of the best power drills you can buy if you’re into heavy do-it-yourself projects.
It includes a specialized locking button that helps you maintain control during drilling tasks. Because of its variable speed, the PORTER-CABLE PC600D Variable Drill is a great option for most general drilling jobs.
This power drill also comes with a 0-2500 RPM variable speed trigger that lets you get the best results on any project.
- This drill is lightweight at only four pounds.
- It has a durable construction that can stand up to the toughest drilling tasks.
- The price is excellent for what you get.
- Lock-on button provides easier control during prolonged use.
- Some users report that it can be very noisy for its size.
- No clutch settings to speak of, which can be detrimental in some scenarios.
The PORTER-CABLE PC600D Variable Drill has a keyless 3/8-inch chuck that allows for fast bit changes.
Although it doesn’t have the clutch settings that other power drills on the market have, it makes up for it with a powerful LED light that illuminates even the darkest of spaces.
On top of that, users have praised this power drill for its cast metal housing which makes it more durable than most standard cordless drills. The drill clamp extends open to hold even the largest drill bits, adding even more value to an already inexpensive power drill.
5. BLACK + DECKER SS12C Cordless Drill
Power: 130 torqueMax RPMs: 1200Type: Brushed DC
The BLACK + DECKER SS12C Cordless Drill is probably one of the best power drills you can buy if you’re looking for something that is easy to operate.
It is one of the most lightweight and compact designs we’ve seen that also manages to come at a fairly affordable price considering its power.
We recommend the BLACK + DECKER SS12C Cordless Drill for beginners who have a few light projects they want to start. The smart select clutch adjusts the power automatically depending on how hard the surface you’re drilling into is.
- This model’s variable speed settings allow you to do some precise work.
- Many users claim that the battery lasts a long time.
- You don’t even need to remove the batteries to charge them.
- Highly affordable compared to other power drills of this potential.
- Some users claim this drill is unsuitable for heavy-duty work.
- Buying an extra battery means you might pay almost as much as you would for the entire kit.
The BLACK + DECKER SS12C Cordless Drill is a great power drill for beginners.
It’s compact and useful for small jobs, and it comes with a transformer that connects directly to the drill’s battery while you’re using it, so you don’t have to take the battery out and wait in case you have to charge it.
And in case you might need a spare battery and can’t afford to pay such a high price, you might want to check out the best rechargeable batteries for power tools.
4. Makita FD02W 12V Cordless Drill Driver Kit
Power: 120 torqueMax RPMs: 1300Type: Brushed DC
Many users appreciate the Makita FD02W 12V Cordless Drill Driver Kit’s overall speed, torque, and power settings.
We like the compact design that makes this power drill stand at just 10 inches high. And despite its compact design, the Makita FD02W 12V Cordless Drill Driver Kit is durable and can handle even heavier tasks.
The drill and its kit make this product a great choice for experienced hobbyists. And the 3-year warranty further adds value because it guarantees you won’t have to pay extra money in case the drill or the battery break and you need them repaired.
- The drill offers a huge amount of power in a compact package.
- The battery lasts a long time and it charges in about 30 minutes.
- Its chuck makes it easy to switch between bits on the fly.
- Makita’s three-year warranty makes the price worth it, especially given the fact that it’s a reliable brand.
- The LED light is positioned so that the body of the drill prevents it from illuminating the target area.
- For this price, the lack of a bit holder seems like an odd omission.
The Makita FD02W 12V Cordless Drill Driver Kit is a practical and sturdy power drill that will aid you in numerous projects. It’s so powerful that you can almost compare it to its 18-volt counterpart.
Although not cheap, the three-year warranty and overall features make the price worth it. Add to that the fact that Makita is known for excellent customer service, and you’ve got yourself a great deal on your hands if you’re looking for that extra power.
3. Bosch Power Tools Drill Driver Kit DDB181-02
Power: 350 torqueMax RPMs: 1300Type: Brushed DC
This is perhaps one of the best power drills you can buy in the moderate price range.
While the Bosch Power Tools Drill Driver Kit DDB181-02 is a little more expensive than some of the other power drills on our list, it is a great choice for hobbyists who want some professional features in a compact design.
The Bosch Power Tools Drill Driver Kit DDB181-02 may be a great choice for jobs that require you to do overhead work, as it includes a powerful LED light and a great grip that allows for optimal handling in even the tightest spaces. This power drill is so versatile that you can further expand its capabilities with some drill bits for glass.
- Both the torque and speed are serviceable and easily-controlled.
- The additional LED light is great for dim spaces.
- The weight is barely noticeable, making it great for working long hours.
- Compatible with every Bosch 18-volt battery.
- There is a belt clip included which can be attached on either side of the drill, for right or left hand.
- Some users find that the battery life is subpar.
- The grip can feel uncomfortable on your thumb’s webbing if you don’t wear gloves.
The Bosch Power Tools Drill Driver Kit DDB181-02 is an excellent power drill for both professionals and at-home DIYers.
It’s one of the most compact and lightweight power drills on the market today. The high torque and speed settings are outstanding for a drill of this size and weight. And on top of all that, you can rest assured knowing that Bosch’s customer service is excellent most of the time.
2. WORX WX176L 20V Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill
Power: 265 torqueMax RPMs: 1500Type: Brushed DC
This dual drill from Worx is truly amazing when it comes to ease of use and versatility.
The WORX WX176L 20V Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill comes at an affordable price and has reliable torque controls that prevent the unintentional stripping of screws.
At less than 3 pounds, you will be able to use the WORX WX176L 20V Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill all day without tiring your hands.
Furthermore, switching between the two chucks is a piece of cake – just press one button. The fact that you can use two bits interchangeably is a revolutionary design choice that will make your projects all that easier.
- Many users appreciate the power that this drill delivers.
- You get two tools in one convenient package.
- If you’re doing jobs that require more than one drill, this item may fill that need for you.
- Trigger-activated LED light makes it easy to work in dark spaces.
- Compatible with other Worx batteries.
- Some users report that leaving the battery in the charger after it is full can shorten its lifespan.
The Worx 2-in-1 Cordless Switchdriver Drill is impressive because of its rotating heads that allows you to switch between bits almost instantly.
You can easily and instantly alternate between two bits on the innovative Switchdriver head.
1. DeWALT Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit
Power: 250 torqueMax RPMs: 1500Type: Brushed DC
If you need to get into tight spaces and work for long hours, the DeWALT Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit might be one of the best power drills for you.
It’s both compact and lightweight at less than four pounds in total.
That means you’ll be able to get it into tight spaces easily and won’t tire when using the DeWALT Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit. Furthermore, the two separate speed variations give you greater control for different jobs. Overall, this is an affordable budget power drill that rivals even other types of drills on the market.
- We liked that the lithium-ion batteries are long-lasting.
- The drill also has excellent torque.
- Many users claim it is their go-to drill for reliability.
- The LED light is super bright for dark work spaces.
- The slide on this drill may catch a bit during the release process.
- Changing bits isn’t as easy as it should be.
The DeWALT Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit is our choice for the best power drill currently on the market.
Its affordable price is one of the main reasons why we ranked it so high on this list. And along with the long-lasting batteries and capabilities, this is an excellent choice for people who want to handle both lightweight jobs and heavy duty tasks.
Our list of the best power drills of 2020 includes a variety of products that will satisfy a range of preferences.
Whether you need a drill that includes a kit, one that also acts as a driver, or one that doesn’t need a cord, there is something here for you.
And to top it all off, all of these power drills are compatible with the best cobalt drill bits on the market, so you’ll be able to handle and even wider selection of projects.