The best rechargeable batteries for power tools will help them perform at optimum levels. Since the battery makes it possible for your power tools to function as intended, choosing the best one for your needs is nearly as important as choosing the right tool for the job.
Our list of the best rechargeable batteries for power tools in 2020 will give you a range of options based on criteria such as capacity, charging time, voltage, battery type, and affordability.
- 8. ANTRobut 3500mAh Replacement Battery
- 7. Powilling Lithium Battery Replacement
- 6. Worx PowerShare Replacement Battery
- 5. Powerextra Makita Double Battery Pack
- 4. Topbatt Batteries for BLACK + DECKER Tools
- 3. Milwaukee Compact Replacement Battery
- 2. Ryobi Replacement Battery Pack
- 1. Porter Cable Lithium Battery
8. ANTRobut 3500mAh Replacement Battery
Capacity: 3500mAhCharging time: FastType: Ni-CDVoltage: 14.4 voltsAffordability: Relatively inexpensive
If you own a Dewalt drill, these ANTRobut replacement batteries will surely come in handy, as they’re compatible with a wide number of models. The Ni-Cd batteries feature a rapid-charge technology as well an over-discharge protection so you don’t have to worry about charging it too often.
- They hold a charge for as long as the OEM batteries.
- Less expensive than OEM replacements.
- The latching mechanism is not that great.
The rapid-charge technology combined with their high compatibility with Dewalt drills make this one fantastic purchase.
7. Powilling Lithium Battery Replacement
Capacity: 5000 mAhCharging time: FastType: Lithium-ionVoltage: 9.2 voltsAffordability: Relatively inexpensive
These are some of the best rechargeable batteries for power tools by Craftsman and is compatible with several of their models. Many users appreciate that these batteries seem to last much longer than comparable models yet still remain affordable. They may charge up to five times faster than other batteries. These batteries have enough power to get your tools through long jobs.
- It has a charge indicator to let you know when it’s ready for use.
- There is no memory effect to drain the battery.
- It’s lightweight to improve power tool balance.
- You need a lithium charger to recharge it.
If you have a lithium charger lying around, you’ll have no problems using these batteries. We were most impressed by their quick charge time.
Capacity: 1500 mAhCharging time: FastType: Lithium-ionVoltage: 20 voltsAffordability: Relatively affordable
We like that this is one of the best batteries for power tools made by Worx. It is versatile enough to power any 20-volt tool from the company. Several users appreciate that it charge quickly and hold that charge through several jobs. The lithium technology also means the battery has no memory effect.
- It fits most Worx tools with compatible voltages.
- You can charge it quickly using a variety of charging stations.
- It includes a free pair of safety gloves.
- The amperage could be better.
Coming in at a relatively affordable price and with a pair of free safety gloves, these are yet another fantastic purchase, especially if you have Worx tools.
5. Powerextra Makita Double Battery Pack
Capacity: 3000 mAhCharging time: FastType: Nickel-metal hydrideVoltage: 9.6 voltsAffordability: Affordable
You’ll not only get one of the best rechargeable batteries for power tools by Makita in this pack but an extra battery as well. Experienced users appreciate that these batteries are certified to meet or exceed the specifications of the original batteries used in your Makita tools. The batteries have a decent capacity and should last for several hours on the job.
- You get two batteries for the price of one.
- They are compatible with a wide array of Makita power tools.
- You can charge them quickly.
- In very rare cases, some batteries had trouble holding a charge for long.
If you’re a Makita owner, you’ll love these batteries. Not only are they compatible with your tools, but they also exceed the initial capacity, giving you more working time.
4. Topbatt Batteries for BLACK + DECKER Tools
Capacity: 3000 mAhCharging time: FastType: Nickel-metal hydrideVoltage: 18 voltsAffordability: Inexpensive
This is set includes some of the best rechargeable batteries for power tools if you’re looking for an affordable off-brand replacement. These batteries are meant to power several of BLACK + DECKER’s top power tools. Many users claim that these batteries work just as well as the original batteries in their tools with no loss of performance.
- You can charge or discharge them as needed without any memory effect.
- The relatively high capacity should keep them going for several hours.
- They make affordable replacement options.
- They may fit tightly into most standard chargers.
With these batteries, you’ll achieve a couple of hours of work without needing to recharge. Bonus points because they’re compatible with many of the brand’s power tools.
3. Milwaukee Compact Replacement Battery
Capacity: 2000 mAhCharging time: FastType: Lithium-ionVoltage: 12 voltsAffordability: Affordable
If you own a range of Milwaukee products, these are some of the best rechargeable batteries for power tools that you can buy. They charge quickly and their overall capacity makes them a great option for smaller tasks that only require a couple hours of work to complete. Several experienced users say that these battery packs are a better option than purchasing a standard battery with its own charger.
- It charges quickly.
- You can use it in a variety of compatible tools.
- It’s a more affordable option than other battery packs.
- The overall capacity means it works best on smaller jobs.
The quick charge feature is perfect if you want to work on lightweight jobs, since they will last your for a couple of hours.
2. Ryobi Replacement Battery Pack
Capacity: 3600 mAhCharging time: FastType: Nickel-metal hydrideVoltage: 18 voltsAffordability: Inexpensive
These batteries fit many power tools made by Ryobi. While their compatibility is impressive, we also like their fast charging times and large capacities. You can get long jobs done without worrying about losing power.
- It may last more than twice as long as the original battery.
- A special housing protects the battery from damage during work.
- It has a relatively high capacity.
- In very rare cases, the batteries may not hold a charge.
These batteries are more than impressive because of their quick charging technology, capacity, and outstanding compatibility with tools from this brand.
1. Porter Cable Lithium Battery
Capacity: 1300 mAhCharging time: FastType: Lithium-ionVoltage: 20 voltsAffordability: Affordable
These batteries have a high flow of energy intended to improve their performance. They are versatile and work well as replacements parts or spare batteries for extra power on the job.
- The batteries self-discharge slowly.
- They have no noticeable memory effect.
- It holds a charge for a long time.
- The batteries may have difficulty charging in rare cases.
These batteries are nearly flawless in every sense of the word. They can hold a good charge, they lack any memory effect, and they’re compatible with a lot of tools from the same brand.
Each entry on our list of the best rechargeable batteries for power tools represents one of the most popular brands in the industry. Our goal is to provide you with a range of high-capacity batteries that may work with the power tools you own. Please share your thoughts on the best power tool batteries with us in the section below.
Our latest posts