Drilling into marble can sometimes be a challenge. Choosing the right drill bit is also not the easiest task.
- Marble is prone to cracking and splitting
- It also varies in hardness and thickness
This article lists and reviews the best drill bits for marble surfaces to make your search and work much easier.
Comparison List of Top-Rated Drill Bits for Marble
Drills suitable for drilling through marble come in different designs. We have compiled a list of the most highly rated bits for marble in this comparison table.
Review of the 9 Best Marble Drill Bits on the Market
1. Shdiatool Diamond Core 3-inch Drill Bit
- This is a one-piece 3-inch drill bit
- Diameter of 76mm
- Maximum working depth of 50mm
It is suitable for:
- Dry and wet drilling for marble
- Porcelain tile
- The diamond is very high quality and provides smooth and fast drilling.
- Vacuum brazed technology ensures a longer working life.
- Minimizing breakage allows for less chipping when drilling and a safe operation.
2. Homeidol Titanium Coated 6-Piece Glass Drill Bit Set
What’s more, it can drill through the mirror or tile and deal with any masonry behind it.
It is suitable for:
- Ceramic tiles
To top it off, the set is very easy to work with. The cross-tip design ensures reduced breakout when drilling.
3. Shdiatoll Diamond Core 6-Piece Drill Bit Set
This 6-piece set comes in different sizes:
The steel body and artificial diamond core ensure it lasts for a long time.
In addition, internal wax allows the bits to cool so it generates less heat when drilling.
It offers dry and wet drilling for many applications, including:
- Porcelain tile
These bits minimizes breakage and ensures smooth and fast drilling with less chipping.
4. K Kwokker 15-Piece Multi-Material Masonry Drill Bits
What’s more, the solid tungsten carbide-make of the bits ensures that they do not rust and also prevent bit cracking.
In addition to that, the drill bit design makes drilling easier with less effort.
It is also suitable for a variety of applications, including:
- Cinder block
- Laminate flooring
- Garden pot
Also, the bits can be used with a hand drill, general drill, electric drill, and bench drill.
5. Shdiatool Diamond Drill Bit Set
This 5-piece set includes sizes:
What stands out about this set is that internal wax ensures cooling and allows for dry drilling without water.
What’s more, it can be used for several applications, including:
- Hard plastic
In addition to that, the diamond grains ensure high working efficiency and long-lasting performance.
6. Joiner 20-Piece 6mm Diamond Core Drill Bit
This entire set has a diameter of 6mm and is suitable for:
- Its speed can drill a hole in a few seconds while using water as a lubricant.
- Efficiency provides clean cutting that requires no further work.
- The diamond core ensures long-lasting performance.
7. Yunpo Glass Drill Bits Set
This is a multi-material 10-piece set with a spear-head design that prevents slipping when beginning to drill.
- An extremely hard alloy that ensures durability.
- The carbide tip creates fast cutting.
On top of that, it can be used on multiple applications, including:
What’s more, it comes with a storage box that keeps the bits tidy and organized.
8. Drillpro 10-Piece Diamond Drill Bit Set
This set comes in 10 different sizes for all your drilling needs:
Diamond dust coating and nickel plating ensure great cutting strength and long-lasting performance.
What’s more, the drill bits make accurate and clean holes when lubricated with water during use.
It is also suitable for various applications including:
On top of that, the set is of very good quality and is easy to use.
9. Newsfana 12mm Diamond Drill Bit Set
This set has a diamond coating that maintains a sharp cutting edge and maximizes performance.
- Side holes ensure easy removal of slug while drilling.
In addition, the set makes accurate holes in various materials, including:
On top of that, it has nickel plating that maximizes the bit’s life and reduces corrosion.
The Buyer’s Guide for Quality Marble Drill Bits
Different drill bits are suitable for different marble types.
Before purchasing one for your marble surface, ensure that it is the most suitable one to avoid ruining your surface. Here’s what you may need to know.
- These are ideal for the hardest marble types and come in various sizes.
- They use carbide at the tip and have dual or single channels to remove debris while drilling.
- This bit is most suitable for polished as well as the hardest marble tile types.
- It is tipped with diamonds and has spiral channels for removing excess debris.
- Also, it is of a higher quality compared to carbide bits and comes in different sizes.
- These are best for larger holes mostly greater than ½ inches in diameter.
- They come in a variety of sizes and can be used on all marble types.
- Also, the bit is tipped with either carbide or diamond.
- Instead of channels it has a central pilot bit that holds it in place while it cuts through the stone on the outside.
- The spade bit is more suitable for soft marble types like tumbled marble.
- However, it is not ideal for harder marble types, as the spade part can bend under pressure.
- Also, it is carbide or diamond-tipped, which differentiates this spade bit from those used for wood.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We came across some common questions about drill bits for marble during our research and will attempt to answer a few.
Q. Can you drill a hole in glass marble?
Yes, you can.
For this, you will need a diamond core triple-ripple hole saw for the marble.
- Ensure you drill underwater without bearing down.
- You can do this in intervals of a couple of seconds as you let the water cool and wash the glass bits away.
Also, drill the marble halfway through one side and then turn it over to drill through the other.
Q. Can you put screws in marble?
Yes, you can.
However, ensure that the size of the screw you are using is the same as that of the hole you have drilled.
- Also, do not use a screw whose outside diameter is larger than that of the drilled hole.
- This could cause cracking and splitting.
The Best Drill Bit – Verdict
Our drill bit of choice is the Shdiatool Diamond Core 3-inch Drill Bit.
It is a multi-material drill bit that is very durable and easy to use.
- Allows for dry drilling without water and minimizes breakage.
- High quality and ensures smooth and fast drilling and is also safe for the user.
Even though marble requires care when drilling or cutting, the right tools make the experience less cumbersome and very convenient.
We hope that the article we have shared on the best drill bit for marble aids you in your search. Good luck.