Power drills are a staple in any home or construction project. They can help with simple projects like hanging a picture to more complex construction projects.
Below we share our expert reviews of our top power drill picks. Let us know your favorite!
Comparisons of Top Quality Power Drills
We analyzed the best power drills on the market based on criteria such as:
- User experiences
- Extra features
You’ll find a precise breakdown of what we liked and what we thought could be better for each drill in the reviews below.
The 6 Best Power Drill Reviews & Ranking (Updated)
6. WORKPRO Pink Cordless 20V Lithium-ion Drill Driver Set
- This tool features 21+1 torque position clutch and an anti-slip soft grip handle for precision
- An LED light illuminates the surface you’re drilling
- Coming with ten different drill bits and an organized tool bag, this set is an efficient power drill that comes in below $70
- Since it comes at such a low price, you’ll be able to afford some of the best drill bits for hardened steel and expand on the drill’s capabilities.
5. BLACK+DECKER LD120VA Drill
Coming with a lithium-ion battery that can hold a charge for up to 18 months, the BLACK+DECKER LD120VA Drill is ideal for hobbyists.
This relatively affordable power drill can achieve drilling through a variety of materials in one job
It comes with 30 different accessories, including:
- Screwdriver bits
- Nut drivers
- Magnetic bit tip holder
Many users report that the tool can handle various woods, metals, and plastics with ease.
The power drill has excellent torque and power ratings, as well as 24 clutch settings and a 3/8-inch chuck.
The BLACK+DECKER LD120VA Drill is an excellent choice for a fairly low price.
With a long-lasting battery, 30 different accessories, and a 24 position clutch, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to tackle a variety of projects with relative ease.
And since you’ll be using this drill for such a wide variety of projects, we recommend looking into the best dust masks for drilling protection.
4. PORTER-CABLE PC600D Variable Drill
The sleek design of the PORTER-CABLE PC600D Variable Drill and its powerful 6.5 amp motor make it one of the best power drills you can buy if you’re into heavy do-it-yourself projects.
- It includes a specialized locking button that helps you maintain control during drilling tasks.
- Because of its variable speed, this machine is a great option for most general drilling jobs.
- This power drill also comes with a 0-2,500 RPM variable speed trigger that lets you get the best results on any project.
This drill has a keyless 3/8-inch chuck that allows for fast bit changes.
Although it doesn’t have the clutch settings that other power drills on the market have, it makes up for it with a powerful LED light that illuminates even the darkest of spaces.
Users have praised this power drill for its cast metal housing which makes it more durable than most standard cordless drills.
The drill clamp extends open to hold even the largest bits, adding even more value to an already inexpensive power drill.
3. BLACK+DECKER SS12C Cordless Drill
The BLACK+DECKER SS12C Cordless Drill is probably one of the best power drills you can buy if you’re lo
oking for something that is easy to operate.
- It is one of the most lightweight and compact designs we’ve seen.
- It also manages to come at a fairly affordable price considering its power.
We recommend this tool for beginners who have a few light projects they want to start.
- The smart select clutch adjusts the power automatically.
- Power adjusts depending on how hard the surface you’re drilling into is.
The BLACK + DECKER SS12C Cordless Drill is a great power drill for beginners.
- It’s compact and useful for small jobs
- It comes with a transformer that connects directly to the drill’s battery while you’re using it You don’t have to take the battery out and wait for it to charge
In case you might need a spare battery and can’t afford to pay such a high price, you might want to check out the best rechargeable batteries for power tools.
2. WORX WX176L 20V Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill
The WORX WX176L 20V Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill is truly amazing when it comes to ease of use and versatility.
- Comes at an affordable price
- Has reliable torque controls
- Prevents unintentional stripping of screws
At less than three pounds, you will be able to use this tool all day without tiring your hands.
- Switches between the two chucks at the press of one button.
- Uses two bits interchangeably — a revolutionary design choice that will make your projects all that easier.
This drill is impressive because of its rotating heads that allow you to switch between bits almost instantly.
1. DeWALT Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit
If you need to get into tight spaces and work for long hours, the DeWALT Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit might be one of the best power drills for you.
- It’s both compact and lightweight, at less than four pounds in total.
- You’ll be able to get it into tight spaces easily and won’t tire out when using it.
- The two separate speed variations give you greater control for different jobs.
Overall, this is an affordable budget power drill that rivals even other types of drills on the market.
The DeWALT Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit is our choice for the best power drill currently on the market.
Its affordable price is one of the main reasons why we ranked it so high on this list.
It also has long-lasting batteries and various capabilities which makes it an excellent choice for people who want to handle both lightweight jobs and heavy-duty tasks.
Our list of the best power drills of 2021 includes a variety of products that will satisfy a range of preferences.
Whether you need a drill that includes a kit, one that also acts as a driver, or one that doesn’t need a cord, there is something here for you.
And to top it all off, all of these power drills are compatible with the best cobalt drill bits on the market, so you’ll be able to handle an even wider selection of projects.